• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

South West Indoor RC - and the *SATURDAY SUMMER RACE DAYS*

MattyV6

My 22 turned up yesterday and will start the build when i get home from work tonight, ordering lipos and pinions tomorrow, fingers crossed my electrics come aswell.

Will chuck the radio from my scx10 into it just to get it running. Hopefully my inserts will be here early next week

• Like 1

I'll try and get some photo's of cars on the track between things. And some video too if possible. Looks like there's gonna be excellent indoor lighting for some good photo's.. Finally figured out how to record slow motion video too :)

Yellow Mini Pins on the rear with standard inserts and Yellow Cutstaggers on the front with no insert.

I dont see foams being a problem, I spoke to Matt down the track today and he said it shouldnt be a problem.

Ive been testing on this track since sunday, every night (bar wednesday) and it has come on leaps and bounds.

Me, Jonathan May, Matt and his Dad all went down tonight and completely changed most of the layout.

It has nice fast flowing corners with small bumps and slippery sections. The wall ride has been made a LOAD bigger and is really nice to drive. We have moved the table top so it is used as a corner, and if you are dedicated, taking that as a corner jump works perfectly.

Track is averaging at 13ish seconds a lap.

10402462_1445440972405308_70658889531747

1661037_274473829412113_7599080675700699

Cant wait for tonight (I suppose its tonight seeing as its 1:30...) Anything you bring will have track time. Micros will be very welcome as if you look on the facebook page, I was out ran by a micro.....

Anyway I hope to see some of you there and if you dont know who I am, I am the kid with Josh Hardwick on the back of his blue tee.

-Josh

• Like 2

I've gone for Pro Line Pin Points on the rear and Pro Line Wedges up front with Pro Line closed cell inserts all round.

Did manage to start the build last night, but only got as far as installing the servo as it was so late lol

• Like 1

I've gone for Pro Line Pin Points on the rear and Pro Line Wedges up front with Pro Line closed cell inserts all round.

I thought about closed cell inserts, however MSUK were out of stock, so I opted for rear standard inserts and no front inserts with the Pro Line Pin Points/Wedges. Will be interesting to compare how they handle.

I thought about closed cell inserts, however MSUK were out of stock, so I opted for rear standard inserts and no front inserts with the Pro Line Pin Points/Wedges. Will be interesting to compare how they handle.

Modesport don't permenantly carry The inserts, that's why they're special order items. Should have them within a week though.

Very nice, Hobao H2 :thumbsup: Bit early for strongbow though :whistling: lol

Took the pic last night, i'm not a complete bum!

Spent a bit much this week what with a new plane too! Hopefully get some decent tyres and it sorted for next week.

Modesport don't permenantly carry The inserts, that's why they're special order items. Should have them within a week though.

Yes, I saw them as a special order. MS special ordered my RC10 Classic for me in a very reasonable time. However, I wanted the tyres for this evening, and I doubt that the inserts will do much for my lap times, it will be more down to my very rusty driving! :-D lol

Spent a bit much this week what with a new plane too! Hopefully get some decent tyres and it sorted for next week.

I know that feeling - I'm not allowed to spend any more on RC for a looooong time! :-(

Looking forward to seeing it built, don't think I've seen one other than in pics before

I've just had to have a new back wheel this morning on my cube, so car stuff is on hold, and who had those last lot of tires off eBay I wanted those PL carpet tire

Sorry to hear that :-( wasn't me, I got mine from MS!

Hey guys, we really want to encourage the use of the Schumacher Mini Pin and cut stagger/stagger rib and hopefully bring it in as a control tire (apart from vintage etc), its a very good all round tire and will last quite a few meetings here as I have found mine to be very low on the wear after say 17-20 runs on them (runs from 4-13 minutes). If you do not have them, dont worry it isnt a problem, you can just run what you want, but if you want the best traction etc etc its your best bet, Anyway; on to what im posting for.

- SWIRC Open Evening Race Report'thingy'ish - 

Overall it was a great night and I have to say thanks to Matt Latham and his family for all the work, Nimrif (That's now your real name) for the timing gear and everyone who helped out and participated in this open evening for South West Indoor RC.

Results For A Final:

1st - Mark Field (Schumacher KF)
2nd - Josh Hardwick (Schumacher KF)
3rd - Nathan Field (Yokomo...?)

(Think I got that right)
It was good to see the only KF's at the top, With the only Yokomo coming 3rd. Hopefully a lot more KFs will turn up next week (COUGH Matt COUGH)

Also I would like to thank Number 5 RC for keeping me up and running, etc etc.... also a thanks to That painter guy.... (Jon Miller @ RCS Graphic Worx) cheers for always keeping the car looking good and consistently keeping the colour scheme looking sweet, everyone go and check these guys out for amazing deals, RCS for anything printing and Painting, Number 5 RC for anything model car related (And Painting But I'm Not Allowed To Mention That... oops!) (clearly not plug'ing' them into the post here....

So thanks for a great open evening and I hope to see a lot more people sending their car and throwing some gnarly shapes at South West Indoor RC next Thursday at 7pm.

-Josh

• Like 1

Hey guys, we really want to encourage the use of the Schumacher Mini Pin and cut stagger/stagger rib and hopefully bring it in as a control tire (apart from vintage etc), its a very good all round tire and will last quite a few meetings here as I have found mine to be very low on the wear after say 17-20 runs on them (runs from 4-13 minutes). If you do not have them, dont worry it isnt a problem, you can just run what you want, but if you want the best traction etc etc its your best bet, Anyway; on to what im posting for.

Will you be letting people use rear foam tires? Contact rc makes some.

Good write up. Matt get some pictures up!! :) I didn't have time to get any, there was a lot more track time than I thought it would be. Excellent facilities too, plenty of pit area, well laid out track and easy to access from the A38.

The H2 impressed me with how stable it felt, just need to work on the driving part now ;)

• Like 2

Good write up. Matt get some pictures up!! :) I didn't have time to get any, there was a lot more track time than I thought it would be. Excellent facilities too, plenty of pit area, well laid out track and easy to access from the A38.

The H2 impressed me with how stable it felt, just need to work on the driving part now ;)

Great night of racing, couldn't have asked for a better opening night! Many thanks to MattyV6 and all those involved in the hard work getting it all set up and running the evening so well, you know who you are :)

I was really pleased with the carpet tyres on the RC10 B4.2, they worked stunningly well, especially compared to the RC10 Classic with standard Champion/Edge tyres (I tried the Classic on the track during practice - and span out on almost every corner!). I too have to work on the driving now Rtsbasic! It is strange being back racing 1/10 buggies after a 20 year gap... Going to have to get the practice hours in! I've ordered some old school 2.2" wheels and (modern) carpet tyres for the classic now, so I can get around the track with it when we get a vintage class going! :D

Edited by belms
  • Like 1