• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

newby to the nitro rc world

lee williams

Fun little car you've bagged, wish I never sold mine now. Welcome to the forum as well.

Servos don't have to be the same and are standard sizes so you shouldn't struggle. Do a bit of research and work out where your budget is, 1/10ths don't need anything high torque really.

What radio gear did it come with? Anything at all as you mention the receiver only?

• Like 1

I can't say without seeing the what you're looking at but if it was me, I'd be looking at something like flysky GT3C for the radio gear on it's own.. It's 2.4, gets great reviews for the money and will suffice if you end up getting another car.

Then look at something like a hitec servo to get you going or savox if you want to get top kit that will last you. For the pull-start, if not included he may have had a rotostart fitted and wanted to keep it or sell it? You'll need to know what engine is on it before buying a new one, the fixing holes can vary a fair bit on different engines.

As for the engine, the least you want to do is change the fuel pipes if it's been standing. Then flush some fuel through the carb and engine to check there's no gunk hanging around. Better still, strip it down to check the condition inside, they're not that complicated really. If you do strip it, worth sealing it back up on reassembly. I'd also plan on getting a new glow plug. If it was running try starting it as is (although if you do seal it, it could need adjusting anyway), if it doesn't want to know, find the factory settings and reset to those before trying again. Have a read of the stickies at the top of the nitro section, there's some good tips in there.

Does it come with anything else? You'll need a glowstarter, fuel bottle and a cross wrench will come in handy at very least. Something like this will get you started:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RC-Nitro-Starter-Kit-Glow-Starter-Charger-350cc-Bottle-/330508071124?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item4cf3d0f0d4 (tap in nitro starter kit on fleabay, the same one is on auction for 99p).

Unless it's a real knacker, 20 quid sounds like a stormin deal, I would have had it for that!

Edited by Smoothybb

I can't say without seeing the what you're looking at but if it was me, I'd be looking at something like flysky GT3C for the radio gear on it's own.. It's 2.4, gets great reviews for the money and will suffice if you end up getting another car.

Then look at something like a hitec servo to get you going or savox if you want to get top kit that will last you. For the pull-start, if not included he may have had a rotostart fitted and wanted to keep it or sell it? You'll need to know what engine is on it before buying a new one, the fixing holes can vary a fair bit on different engines.

As for the engine, the least you want to do is change the fuel pipes if it's been standing. Then flush some fuel through the carb and engine to check there's no gunk hanging around. Better still, strip it down to check the condition inside, they're not that complicated really. If you do strip it, worth sealing it back up on reassembly. I'd also plan on getting a new glow plug. If it was running try starting it as is (although if you do seal it, it could need adjusting anyway), if it doesn't want to know, find the factory settings and reset to those before trying again. Have a read of the stickies at the top of the nitro section, there's some good tips in there.

Does it come with anything else? You'll need a glowstarter, fuel bottle and a cross wrench will come in handy at very least. Something like this will get you started:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RC-Nitro-Starter-Kit-Glow-Starter-Charger-350cc-Bottle-/330508071124?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item4cf3d0f0d4 (tap in nitro starter kit on fleabay, the same one is on auction for 99p).

Unless it's a real knacker, 20 quid sounds like a stormin deal, I would have had it for that!

ok then al try post a pic of what I got thanks for the lonk just ordered it lol if worse comes to worst al just have to take it back to the basic and fill it with new gear

The cars themselves are getting a bit rare now as completes but spares still seem to be available. Yeah drop some photos when you receive it and get some reading done on tuning etc. Good luck with it.

For the pullstart, you can measure the mounting holes and one way bearing (OWB for future reference) and find one that fits. I've done it before, using someone like blacksmiths products (fleabay) to find a 'compatible' one. Always better ime to get the proper one even if means spending a few more quid. Wheel nuts are standard nyloc nuts really, I don't know if you could say 1/10 use a standard nut though. If you struggle I've probably still a got a few lying about that I'm not using but you learn a hell of a lot doing your own research/google searches, or, the way I do it, buying the wrong one's before doing the research!  :whistling:

For the pullstart, you can measure the mounting holes and one way bearing (OWB for future reference) and find one that fits. I've done it before, using someone like blacksmiths products (fleabay) to find a 'compatible' one. Always better ime to get the proper one even if means spending a few more quid. Wheel nuts are standard nyloc nuts really, I don't know if you could say 1/10 use a standard nut though. If you struggle I've probably still a got a few lying about that I'm not using but you learn a hell of a lot doing your own research/google searches, or, the way I do it, buying the wrong one's before doing the research!  :whistling:

I have found that blacksmiths do the one that is for my model a think my engine is a force 15 nitro engine is has the sam mark on the engine block

Your making me want to buy my old one back from my mate. I know he hasn't touched it since I sold it tuned and ready to  :whistling:

Looks in reasonable condition, always a good sign when it's clean at least. Keep an eye on the belts, They get slack as they get older then slip but if they don't look cracked or stretched, should be okay with tensioner adjusted properly. Deffo buy a new air filter or at least the foam, that looks knackered lol.

Don't be surprised if it doesn't if it's been standing for a while but a bi of patience should hopefully get it going. Have a read of the checklists and try and follow them.

Or do what I do and crank it up and hope for the best  :whistling:

Seriously though, I'd suggest setting it all up with the radio gear on and centred etc, then when starting, do it with the wheels off the ground or you may find it showing you how fast it can escape (and how scary a runaway nitro can be).