• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Maverick Blackout MT

vstrom

tbh bud i think maintanence is the key to running on the sand i.e full strip after each use to remove sand from the key areas i.e diffs,, clutch etc etc ,, i wouldnt bother spraying it with owt as sand will most likely stick to it,, just take the precautions you can like pullstart and airfilter outerwears,, maybe see if you can knock up a full cover out of some material and velcro like the electric cars have available it should help keep a lot of sand out the car but the diff will still be open to the elements so will need a strip and claen after each beach run

heres a quick pick of my blackout just to show how different you can make them look 

10333519_10204520977928405_8657442069150

please pardon any spelling mistakes im a bit merry lol

• Like 2

Sand ... especially wet sand ... is nasty stuff for bearings etc.

You want to take a few basic precautions before running and do plenty of cleaning afterwards. If you gat any salt water on it, don;t just put it away to 'clean it later' .... as you will find it's a corroded mess before very long.

1) If you can...run an enclosed clutch. Don;t know what options the Blackout has

2) Never use oily lubricants on bearings, pivots, driveshafts etc. The sand will stick and turn it into grinding paste!

3) Stay out of salt water! Nothing worse for your electrics

You will find bearing life is lower, ancd you will find sand in places you really don;t want to find it .... but it's perfectly possible to use your car in sand.