• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My Hyper SS Brushless Truggy

Made my self one of these last night:dedy9eve.jpg

And the first test run on 6s madness:behyde8u.jpg

One word: ballistic :)

Tapatalk

What is the wire thing....?

What is the wire thing....?

It's an EC5 series connector. To be able to combine two lipo packs in order to obtain a 5 or 6s setup. 

Glad the motors sorted and you got it up and running again.

Is it this motor you are talking about:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/castle-1515-2200kv-black-edition-waterproof-BRAND-NEW-/221460408712

Thanks.

Yes, that's the one 

Ah thought so... Just they usually look different. Unless I was thinking of something else

Is it easier to make up a deans connection to a traxxas male in order to use different batteries or just stick with one type of connection and solder them all myself?

You can make them as you wish, just make sure the connector is man enough for the amount of power you will use. Personally, I hate deans, they are a pain to solder and to use. I prefer the EC5 over any other type, they are 5mm bullets, easy to solder and to connect/disconnect, and strong enough for a 6s setup.

Tapatalk

The truck is holding up just fine, can't say the same about the tyres :( just blown another one yesterday, 6s yes... I need to sort out those diffs asap. They probably only have diff grease in there because they are all very loose and in desperate need of diff oil.

I will take a 4s video for you when I have time :thumbsup:

Don't know about the T-bones but I don't think I'm going to bother... really nice truck this tho' . No problems so far. Only trouble is I really need to sort the diff oil up as I keep destroying the front tyres , even on 4s there's way to much ballooning and if I use the stock wheels which are taped I unglue them.

Probably there's only some grease in the center diff as is way too loose

I'm gonna need to order some oil as I don't have any left ...

Any suggestions of what setup should I go for diff oil wise ?

Tapatalk

Edited by catalin4u24

did my diffs when I received my chassis on my ss buggy.. theres not even grease in the mate mine were virtually dry and the difference with just using 5k oil on all three diffs is highly noticeable. far more power to the rear tyres and ive not lost a tyre since even with 6s they seem to be sticking to the rim better. is it just the fronts you keep loosing? what batteries are you using dude? I puffed 2 decent 3s last week with this RC granted its a MM2 setup so it heavy on the amp draw.

what batteries are you using dude? I puffed 2 decent 3s last week with this RC granted its a MM2 setup so it heavy on the amp draw.

Turnigy and Zippy's with ratings starting from 20c to 50c. Not one single problem so far. Looks like the HW Quicrun 150 and the Leopard 4282 get along really well ;)

It might be worth looking into, but the ST standard tyres/rims take a lot of abuse.

I borrowed a mates pair of Trophy Truggy wheels to stick on the front of my ST, I think they were shredders, taped and well glued. I tore them both off the rims at the same time in seconds on 4s.

But my standard ST ones are fine, they take 6s with out issues and are not taped.

(I know you had a ST, but not sure if you ran the stock tyres)

Edited by Vr5fx

Turnigy and Zippy's with ratings starting from 20c to 50c. Not one single problem so far. Looks like the HW Quicrun 150 and the Leopard 4282 get along really well ;)

super stuff fella  :thumbsup:  it all still holding up then ?.. 

How do you find the Quicrun mine for some reason seemed to run a lot hotter the my Xerun ? 

How do you find the Quicrun mine for some reason seemed to run a lot hotter the my Xerun ? 

That's strange because I find mine running really really cool ... I mean really cool. You can hardly feel any warmth after use and I'm not joking. I'm loving my setup as it is, it's just perfect. Can't wait to tune those diffs and to take it out more often.

I also need some hub extenders to be able to use those zero offset wheels as I find them rubbing the front upper arms when suspension is fully uncompressed