• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My Axial Jeep Wrangler G6

Here's some pictures from the build so far.

imagejpg2.jpg

imagejpg3.jpg

The axles and chassis are at one with each other.

imagejpg1.jpg

I had to remove a cross member because the servo was hitting it when the suspension was compressed.

imagejpg4.jpg

It runs.

imagejpg5.jpg

The winch fitted and working.

I'll update again when I've done some more.

Yeah, I've already got a Dingo.

Spektrum DX2L transmitter

Spektrum waterproof receiver

Mtronics TIO rock crawler ESC

Savox WP servo

HPI 35t motor

4300mah Nimh battery

The wheel base is slightly longer on the G6 and they tyres are a bit taller. It's got 4 link suspension out the box as well. There's probably more that I haven't noticed yet lol

I also rearranged things on the electrical front as well. Still needs a bit of a tidy up though.

imagejpg2-1.jpg

Edited by Duncp

Cheers mate.

The front is gonna be semi gloss black as well as the mud guards, seats and a couple of other bits in the back. The main body is going to be gun metal grey, I know the stickers won't stand out but I think it will look good.

Cheers mate, no it doesn't. The wheels are quite close to rubbing on the body as it is.

I was thinking about getting a set. No, they're 1.9 wheels. The tyres are just a bit taller than the Dingo tyres.

Ah cool, I was tempted to go for 2.2" wheels too but from what I've read, you don't get enough clearance with the Dingo & it's fenders and have to chop the fenders. I like the big fenders so will probably stick with the 1.9" wheels for now. I've got some 1.9" bead locks for it :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Cool, which beadlocks did you get? Did you see the pics from yesterday on facebook?

I went for a set of Proline Denali's, I was eying fancier ones but not sure if I'll be sticking with 1.9". I like the look of them though, so pretty happy.

I've not seen the pics on facebook yet, I'll go have a look now :thumbsup: