• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Vaterra Halix

menace

Glad it was you and not me don't think i'd have been so understanding to wait what 4-6 weeks then still not get all my order  :shockingscary: .. I just hope the rest of the parts don't take as long.. Imagine having a truck almost a year and only using it for say 6 weeks as your forever waiting on parts, frustrating is not just the word i'd use  

You say there new put these parts where on the Vaterra site on launch day so its not like they didn't know folks would order them .. The truck has been with us coming up a year in October so really parts should be readily available by now..

I do like the truck but the plastics seem brittle and there seems to be a lack of parts support here in the UK.. Shame really as the 2 i have seen running both looked really fun  :thumbsup:

Hope you get the rest of your parts soon and nothing else breaks in the mean time good luck with it  :thumbsup:

Thanks my friend and for waiting for the parts i had exams and other cars to occupie my time haha :)

i'd like a halix but parts availability is worrying, never had a problem getting traxxas parts if not available in the uk i get them from one of the ebay chop shops. I've read a few reviews mentioning the weak plastics so don't think it would be suitable for my 6 year old as hoped, would have been ideal with the AVC otherwise. I see it has weak drive shafts as well which is no biggy as can be upgraded but weak plastics overall makes it a hard sell.

The part support i admit isnt what it should be however the only plastic parts i have broke is the bumpers and the driveshafts the has held up well i was especially impressed with it at the skatepark ;)

As long as your happy with your purchase then that's all the really matters I guess.. I wonder how much else would have broke thou if it was running foe as long as it's been of the road ? I guess only time will tell

Happy truckin and good luck with your exam results ;-)

• Like 1

As long as your happy with your purchase then that's all the really matters I guess.. I wonder how much else would have broke thou if it was running foe as long as it's been of the road ? I guess only time will tell

Happy truckin and good luck with your exam results ;-)

I have done quite abit of off roading with this thing just not as much as on road but the real test was the skate park and i was impressed with its performance and thanks for the luck my friend :)

I have done quite abit of off roading with this thing just not as much as on road but the real test was the skate park and i was impressed with its performance and thanks for the luck my friend :)

Your welcome  :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Hope your exams all went fella time to sit and chill now and wait for those results hope you get the ones your after !!!!!

I know i keep saying but these plastic's seem to be dreadful 

Perhaps a nice long boil would help them out works on some plastics but not all and worth a shot  :thumbsup:

Edited by mydoddy69

Hope your xmas all went fella time to sit and chill now and wait for those results hope you get the ones your after !!!!!

I know i keep saying but these plastic's seem to be dreadful

Perhaps a nice long boil would help them out works on some plastics but not all and worth a shot :thumbsup:

Cheers man still waiting for them and the plastics in certain places do seem to be weak but places that usually beak such as a arms seem to be of a good quality haven't damaged mine yet but you never know with me :)

• 3 months later...

Hey guys ive come up with a new idea for the halix. Now im thinking of turning the the Halix into a 4WD stadium truck what are peoples thoughts :)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I've recently got a Halix and only tonight had a chance to set it up, i've rebound the tx and calibrated many times as per page 12 of the manual http://www.vaterrarc.com/ProdInfo/Files/VTR03003_Manual_En.pdf but for some reason even with AVC on full when I twist it like in this video

https://youtu.be/oJZZpA6cSHg?t=58

the wheels don't turn left and right, maybe a very small amount one way but that's it, any one else had this problem?

Edited by stretch

AVC in my experience limited the amount of steering angle you could have based on your speed as it tries to not let the car role buy limiting how sharp you can turn

Ahh I see that happened to me, you need to follow the instruction very closely I can't remember exactly as I don't own it any more but it was tricky to get it to work a couple of times, I believe there is a how to video on YouTube