• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

How to save my helicopter ?

markfan

I tried XQ-S4220D on my helicopter's swash,but i can't control well .the other two servos are XQ-S3011M for elevator and XQ-S2025S for rudder.

Forgive i'm now saving budget, so try some servos ,whose price is not so high.

I even can't control well even i tried hard to balance them.

The XQ S4220D is a 20kg servo used in 150cc gas airplane models, its an 11.1v servo.

what helicopter is this we are talking about ?

you should be using something like futaba standard size sevos 6kg would be more than enough. 

To start with. 

HELICOPTER manual will tell you what servos to use.

is helicopter a fixed pitch or a control pitch.

Helicopters are a hard machine to fly, you do not pick it up in a few hours, it takes a long time

as in MONTHS and possible YEARS.

Before UPGRADING you are better off learning to fly, so standard servos - motor and battery.

read the manual back and front 20+ times. you should ALWAYS fall back to the manual of the helicopter

it gives you vital numbers. 

now its possible you have removed the servos, did you at first center them ( connect servos to radio and center them before fitting in machine)

Next did you adjust any of the tie bar adjusters, these are set to a certain distance, again manual will give this detail for the pilot to adjust and-or reset.

CONTROL: 

i say this to every pilot, get OFF THE GROUND, and when i say OFF i mean ATLEAST 3FT.

lets think of it as a fan, if you move close the wind feels more stronger. as you move away the wind feels less strong,

move far enough back you feel no wind. 
This is what your helicopter feels when its close to the ground, it throws air down but the ground bounces it back up,

this makes the helicopter start to move around. IT IS THIS that contributes to around 70% of crashes for newcomers.

so 3 - 4 feet above the ground the helicopter will have more stable air to fly in and less rebound effect.

control sticks, forget driving RC cars, you need to hold those sticks like a baby. you need to move them like a slow motion ninja

very slow and sure , a little stick movement can make a huge affect on the helicopter. so VERY GENTLE movements with the sticks.

Yeah,i really didn't study the manual first,that make me really very confused .

Because i tried several XQ Power servo in my buggy,so i still try them to my first heli.

Maybe Futaba will give me greater  control experience .

yes markfan 

manuals are not enjoable to read but they hold all the infomation you could need.

i would keep with the servos, make sure they are plugged in correct, and the helicopter set up using the manual.

helicopters are not an easy thing to fly so take your time and learn in little steps 

• Like 1