• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

lipo for hyper transmitter

froggy8

hi guys, been thinking about getting a lipo instead of charging 8 batteries for my standard hyper 7 transmitter, could anyone point me in the right direction as to which lipo would work please?

cheers

Hi there,

I would assume an 11.1v would do as most i think will take upto 12v. is there a reason you want to go lipo? i only ask as it can be a chore,

first i think you may have to mod the tx unless the it already has a lipo connector

second you will want a voltage detector or cut off thingy to make sure it doesn't discharge to far, if you leave it on by accident you will kill it.

personally i would go for high rated mah nimh or even eneloop cells which have next to no self discharge and can be charged with a nimh charger.

you could even get a tx charger so you plug it directly into the tx to charge

cheers Ryan

cheers mate, i assume it has already got the lipo mod fitting as the whole battery case comes out making me believe that i could just put a lipo in there.

but just need to find which lipo though

I use one of my 3s cell from my losi truggy, only 180mah but out lasts my 2900 Nimhs an way lighter to hold :P

Does your radio have display for voltage? If not have to add an alarm with battery. What type of plug on battery tray?

What I use in hk310 with foam/sponge too keep cell in place.

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__23339__Turnigy_nano_tech_180mah_3S_25_40C_Lipo_Pack.html

Correct size

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__9787__Turnigy_1450mAh_3S_11_1v_Transmitter_Lipoly_Pack.html

Edited by R46
  • Like 1

exact same tray an plug as hk310 :good: just play attention to poles of battery to tx

DSC04938_zps50fef97e.jpg

DSC04936_zpsa8240d08.jpg

DSC04937_zps77a19aad.jpg

cell looks lost :xd:

DSC04939_zps9c540e46.jpg

DSC04940_zps9349f5f4.jpg

Yeah just make sure plug is snug in port so not to loose connection,add an alarm if have no screen so don't go too low on volts :good:

Edited by R46

ok where did you get your battery from please?

also do i keep the lipo on storage and keep it connected to the transmitter or disconnect it and when i need my transmitter then charge it up?

Personally, I disconnect when not in use, and storage in between uses. My tx packs are a little larger mind, 1300mah, lol...always go big, IMHO of course ;)

Preferable to 8 AA's per handset, when you run an identical pair ;) I run two dualports, and am shortly to be quad charging per charger anyway, so time taken isn't an issue :)

The true tx packs are low discharge, and, I have been 'naughty' and left them charged for a few days at a time, on occasion, with no degradation of cells thus far....

Just gotta be organized!

But when you have 30 transmitters in fairly regular use and a further 20 used on odd occasions, messing around with storage charges and topping up and having to take batteries out to do it..........Much simpler, in my case, to have half a dozen or so trickle chargers (just plug into transmitter without removing batteries) and swap them to next transmitters every couple of days or so. Must admit that I have got LiFes in 6 of them (because they were cheapest option), but they are just charged every now and then and they take their chances. Even though I have facilities to charge 6 LiPos at once, it would be far too time consuming if all were LiPo.