• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Cornwall Bashing Club

Samuran

• 4 weeks later...

I've got little to no chance of meeting any of you guys for a while, work has suddenly gone mega mental with 7 day, 80+ hr weeks for the next four weeks minimum lol

Still not had the chance to open up the Baja to find out what's wrong with the drivetrain and pull start lol

Edited by Pistonhead

well got all my parts through and didnt get any import tax on either item so im pretty happy,i have however noticed that the servo (old one and new one ) looks like it doesnt reset properly could this be the servo saver? it seems to reduce movement hugely aswell as soon as the car wheels go on the floor(i klnow there is now added resistance but it seems the spring in the servo saver kicks in to early or maybe im justy being a fool and not understanding whats going on but it has never reset properly which makes it a pain in the ass to drive properly

It could well be the servo saver. Now that I've upgraded the steering system to aluminium in the Maverick it's fine, but when it was the original plastic the spring in the servo saver wasn't stiff enough and did exactly what yours is doing, wheels wouldn't straighten properly and wouldn't steer when on the ground unless the truck was moving. Is there an adjuster ring you can screw down to compress the spring?

well ended up ripping apart the front a little and got to the servo saver,it is indeed adjustable so tightened it a little and fitted the new servo,wheelie bar and reciever(ripped half the antenna off the other!) 

took her out for a quick blast and wow she turns much much better now and the wheels reset properly much faster steering response and actually turns rather than the wheels being pushed back to straight when cornering,muchly happy the servo could not be any bigger though it just and i mean just fits.

need to get another group bash organised soon. 

need to get another group bash organised soon. 

Yes, definitely.

Anyone free tomorrow or Tuesday?

Edited by Luke B

Excellent, my school broke up for the summer on Friday, so I'm free for the next 8 weeks!

Do you want to meet at Cardinham again?

Hello guys,

I will be going to Mowgan Porth near Newquay in  3 weeks time and we will have 2x savage flux with sand tyres go pro etc.... I would like to know if there are any meetaps in this area so we could join youfor a couple of hours and have a good fan together?

For last 4 years we just to take them to the Mowgan porth beach and do them justice, but this year could be a bit different.

Cheers,

• 2 years later...