• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Cornwall Bashing Club

Samuran

Hi All

I like RC's but I'm not really interested in racing. Now I know there are loads of amazing bash spots in this fine county but quite often without local knowledge finding them is nigh on impossible.

I'd like to propose the creation of (if there isnt one already and if there is I can't find it) a very loosly organised bashing club. This could well then be split into an east and a west sub group etc.

Anyone got any thoughts? I'm not wanting anything ott organised maybe it would work best as just a FB group to organise / help bashers find each other.

Cheers
Ben

• Like 1

I'm in lol

For for trail trucks/scalers and crawlers Trevaylor Woods near Penzance is good, lots of muddy paths and a river to use there.

For everything offroad except rally cars you have Poldice Valley near Scorrier/Redruth, really suited to 8th and 10th scale buggies and truggies with plenty of big jumps, if you venture onto some of the downhill mountain bike trails and run them in reverse they become some quite challenging scale/trail truck courses.

Then you have one of my favourite places - Gwithian Towans near Hayle. Huge expanses of short grassed dunes that have the occasional sand pit, and plenty of natural jumps and you can run pretty much anything there from minis to the big stuff,

Not too far to take gear either as there's numerous parking areas around it.

• Like 1

Sounds good to me, I need to find some more places for bashing and meet up with some people!  :thumbsup:

Maybe we should have a Cornwall Bashers subforum on here.

Edited by Luke B
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am up for this :)

I feel so lonely in Cornwall, we need a proper Bashing club where we can just hoon around and do make shift races together.

The clubs are great but there are so many restrictions, days and times etc.

Lets get something organised! :D

I am up for this :)

I feel so lonely in Cornwall, we need a proper Bashing club where we can just hoon around and do make shift races together.

The clubs are great but there are so many restrictions, days and times etc.

Lets get something organised! :D

Whereabouts you based bud?

• Like 1

I'm in lol

For for trail trucks/scalers and crawlers Trevaylor Woods near Penzance is good, lots of muddy paths and a river to use there.

For everything offroad except rally cars you have Poldice Valley near Scorrier/Redruth, really suited to 8th and 10th scale buggies and truggies with plenty of big jumps, if you venture onto some of the downhill mountain bike trails and run them in reverse they become some quite challenging scale/trail truck courses.

Then you have one of my favourite places - Gwithian Towans near Hayle. Huge expanses of short grassed dunes that have the occasional sand pit, and plenty of natural jumps and you can run pretty much anything there from minis to the big stuff,

Not too far to take gear either as there's numerous parking areas around it.

Yep Newquay :)

I'm willing to drive pretty much anywhere though if we get to have a good session!

Well that's two of you who live in the wrong end of Cornwall  :tease:

Although I drive to Perranporth to race so I can't really say much! ;)

Seriously though, anybody got any suggestions for a time and a place?

Hang on lol. Lostwithiel and Newquay are at the same end of Cornwall :P

I need to fix my DMT before I can do any proper bashing (which means getting paid and buying some new bits hoping they will stop the clicking noise :angrymad: ... unless one of you is good at nitro tuning then I'll bring the Trophy.

OK fair enough, anything west of Truro is the wrong end of Cornwall. I'm doing an A Level in Geography as well! Oh dear.  :banghead:

I've never had a nitro car, I'm afraid. Never even driven one but I don't know about the others. Actually, Jonny has had nitros before but doesn't like them very much.

Now that we agree on, altho as long as it's not camborne / redruth it's fine heh

TBH I think I'm nearly there with the tuning of it, but I don't have a engine heater yet and it will not start unless it's warm so that's out for bashing too... arse.

Sunday?

Actually it's supposed to be pissing down on Sunday.. :(

Edited by Samuran

As far as I know the next race at the Perranporth track is this Sunday, so I'll be there for the day. Unless the weather is as bad as the forecast. :(

Right so we need a list (or just one) bash spot somewhere between Newquay / Lostwithiel / Par / Clay Country (for Jony)... so somewhere like Fraddon / Somercourt / St Dennis or to make it easier somewhere in Clay Country...

My current fav place is at the beach so probably not the best. It's basically just a large very un even loose surface car park with quite a large grass area next to it...

I mentioned this place in my bashing thread a while back and then someone found the exact location on Google Maps. Put this in the search bar  50.242896,-5.167458

It's a bit far west but would be REALLY good.

Speaking of being a bit far away, Jonny have you had any driving lessons yet?

Speaking of being a bit far away, Jonny have you had any driving lessons yet?

Aren't the roads dangerous enough!?

• Like 1

My work is only a few hundred yards from the Perranporth track, in fact you go right past my yard to get to it lol.

I was going to pop up and check put the racing but i'm in Truro on sunday taking down a 170ft long marquee.

I've got no go fast rigs good to go at the moment, the Firestorm needs a few small jobs and new lipos, and the Hyper runs but one pack is hardly enough for a proper bash lol.

The SCX10 on the other hand is performing pretty well.

And the Poldice valley location, despite being near Redruth, is a brilliant place :)