• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

****(Hong nor / Jammin Owners Club)****

Cheers dude.

Up close its pretty amazing. The attention to detail from Bez is awesome. The problem I'm having is my big fat fingers are really strugling with getting to some bits. No better excuse to buy some nice long reach tools :hahadance:  

Had a bit of free time over the weekend and managed to get the ESC and some of the wiring fitted.

med_gallery_35414_3710_1155232.jpg

Also got some cables soldered to the motor.

med_gallery_35414_3710_85151.jpg

I have an old X1-crt that I want to convert to brushless, can I just change the spur gear on the centre diff or do I have to replace the whole diff with a cr one? When I used to race it many years ago I got my spares from BMM and SMD were the distributors.

Edited by bilko1

I wouldn't go with monster truck wheels unless thats the look you really, really want. You might run into clearance probs. I'd go for the same size but swap the rims for something less buggy and more realistic looking myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Loads of parts have arrived over the last few days so need to crack on with this. I'm rebuilding all the diffs with hardened gears so what diff oils are recommended? I'll be running a Trackstar 150a esc on 4s with a 2200kv motor.

• 1 month later...

Commenting so I can find this thread easily, I'm about to convert a friends HN X1 - supposedly it's a pro but a quick look suggests it might have some plastic parts on.

If any owners have tips tricks advice re the conversion please speak up :)  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes it's a cheap and cheerful Hobbyking 1/8th speedo and 2100kv motor. Gearing is 46t / 19t and is a bit of a handful on 4s :) It started life as a X1 crt pro but I have big bore shocks, BCE chassis and X2 crt diffs and pinions. Got a Hyper 7 pro uk to do next.

• Like 1

Yes it's a cheap and cheerful Hobbyking 1/8th speedo and 2100kv motor. Gearing is 46t / 19t and is a bit of a handful on 4s :) It started life as a X1 crt pro but I have big bore shocks, BCE chassis and X2 crt diffs and pinions. Got a Hyper 7 pro uk to do next.

Ahh, x2 diffs explain the gearing, thanks.

I've done a couple 7's, and will have a mount spare later this week if you need to buy one, will save getting the kit with the useless battery tray, allowing you to get a losi tray with esc mounting plate.

Thanks, I have already got an RC Monster mount for the Hyper 7. Any pics of your Hyper and what Losi battery tray do you use? I'd like to have a battery either side if possible.

Lots of pics on owners thread here, will link shortly when I can get on a PC. I've only even used single sided arrangements, though I think I've seen a twin, where the motor mount is spun 180 so the can is the front, opposite the servo. I did look briefly at doing twin trays on the ST but space was an issue.

Hyper owners page here:

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/122379-hyper-owners-club/page-64

Losi mount is this one, though the HN X3 is almost identical (and i've got a spare)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOSA4461-Team-Losi-Battery-Tray-8E-New-in-Package-/321573532965?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4adf46b525

Edited by capri-boy