• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

carson 1/8th lwb tc build............

evssv

heres the pics atlast. :yes: ...I`ve had this around 13 years now and it was quite a few years old when I got it.....I had a carson buggy of the same vintage and robbed the rear diff from the tc for the buggy...then killed the centre diff in said buggy and bought a hyper as I couldn't get a centre diff or rear diff..so in the shed they went.. :bye2: ..I seen bigjimknickers had a mystery chassis and knew exactly what it was so snapped it up for

Edited by evssv

so nx up I found 2 traxxas servos which will do for now...luckly enuff I had all the servo post clips which I have never seen this type on another rc......plus I had a spare air filter....I decided to keep it 2wd rather then 4wd...plus I not sure were the fr centre drive shaft is tbh....this way I got 3 more diffs if it goes pear shaped.....lol!!...I used the rx box from my hyper as it fitted nicly with only one hole needed to b drilled...I used the paper trick to get the holes right first time..rather my normal trick of drill and get lucky! :whistling: !....also used the 2059 efra pipe off the hyper as I cant find the header pipe for the twin chamber tais pipe what it came with....the tank is stock but theres loads of room for a larger one if need b....

20140429_195957_zps4932fbca.jpg

20140429_212143_zpsb98bdf2a.jpg

20140429_220656_zps02847aeb.jpg

20140429_233230_zps02ad23d9.jpg

20140429_234937_zpsddb2ee61.jpg

20140430_011836_zpsd7fca04a.jpg

heres a a size comparsion with my hyper....and the finished job!!u may well remember this as it was the rc I joined up on here with along time ago.. :yes: ....I bought sum plastic servo horns as i`m impation for my ally ones to turn up and I had to get it running today...u know how it is.... :yes: ...I gonna get a new set of wheels/tyres for it..... and tonite I found a brand new carson  jag shell on e bay and got it for

Edited by evssv

• 1 month later...