• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Spektrum SR3000 receiver PROBLEM :-(

coolas4k

Hi guys,

I've recently bought a second hand Spektrum SR3000 receiver from someone on here and I've binded it with my Spektrum DX3S transmitter. It binded ok but then started jumping in and out of signal when I turn the steering from left to right quickly. Best way to describe the problem is when I drive my car and turn it will cut out (loses signal) for one second then reconnect again then lose connection again and so on. Funny thing is, the throttle is fine, it just seems to be a problem when steering. To eliminate a problem with the servo or esc i connected my other sr3300t receiver in and it worked fine. Ive also tried connecting a lower strength servo (savox sc0258) to the sr3000 incase my high voltage powered one (savox sc1267) was drawing too much ampage for the esc to cope with but it still glitched. Has anyone else experienced this problem with their receiver and what the remedy could be please? Have I bought a faulty receiver?

Edited by coolas4k

hi there, i would say there is a fault as you say throttle works fine, and the steering servo works fine with another receiver.

Are the pins all ok? none of them bent, is the futaba plug making correct contact?

lastly is the antenna wire ok with no breaks cuts or anything like that?

what voltage battery are you using? 4.8 / 6.0

just make sure all of you batteries are performing correctly

Edited by RyanBowk

Pins are fine, plug is a snug connection but the antenna wire sheething is damaged near the top which the guy assured me had no problem with connection and range. He said he just put some heat shrink over the exposed wire as a precaution

20140425_164227.jpg

Mmm, I'm not sure what to say really,  if it were me as a precaution i think i would be replacing it anyway as the antenna can be very temperamental on 2.4ghz. if you don't mind tinkering its quite simple, its a 2 core cable with just a couple of dabs of solder, maybe you have an old receiver you can tax one from.

I know the if the cable is even slightly shorter that it should be it can cause assorts of weird happenings 

maybe its me being over the top but thats what i would do.

Just out of curiosity what did you pay for the receiver?

Edited by RyanBowk

Savox servos are known for being power hungry, sometimes it's just a certain combo.  Here's a note that Amain has on all Savox servo pages, "Certain combinations of receiver and ESC have been found to cause "Brown Out" issues when combined with Savox servos." Maybe the new rx can't handle the power draw of the steering servo. Have you tried the throttle servo in the steering ch of the rx, or a glitch buster/capacitor?

Mmm, I'm not sure what to say really, if it were me as a precaution i think i would be replacing it anyway as the antenna can be very temperamental on 2.4ghz. if you don't mind tinkering its quite simple, its a 2 core cable with just a couple of dabs of solder, maybe you have an old receiver you can tax one from.

I know the if the cable is even slightly shorter that it should be it can cause assorts of weird happenings

maybe its me being over the top but thats what i would do.

Just out of curiosity what did you pay for the receiver?

thanks for advise but I've just had a refund for it and I'm sending it back to him tomorrow so I'm going to buy a newer version as a replacement, a DSM2 model of receiver because apparently they work better with dx3s' s then older models of receiver I.e. DSM1's. I paid 15 pounds for it

Savox servos are known for being power hungry, sometimes it's just a certain combo. Here's a note that Amain has on all Savox servo pages, "Certain combinations of receiver and ESC have been found to cause "Brown Out" issues when combined with Savox servos." Maybe the new rx can't handle the power draw of the steering servo. Have you tried the throttle servo in the steering ch of the rx, or a glitch buster/capacitor?

cheers mate, all this advise is much appreciated like I said to the guy above and also like I said above, I haven't settled a refund and will be looking for a newer version of Spektrum receiver