• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

VP POWERMASTER BARGAIN

webber2001

Been googling VP fuel...

The Yanks absolutely love the stuff, nothing but the highest praise, many preferring it to Byron's.

Looking forward to trying it (I bought a can of 25% too) :)

The people in the USA love many things that I would not...try it and see what you think...always nice to hear what others think of a product...the weight of the opinion can be variable. :)

Monster Basher 20% Very early first impressions :)

It's purple (I like :D )

It smells nice! doesn't hit you in the back of the throat like Byron's or optifuel. Smells a little like Model Technics but not quite.

It started a brand new pullstart Fastrax enduro on the 5th pull.

It's very oily (good for running in or n00b tuners. It's not 'sticky' like model technics yellow though.

Temps have been very stable.

EDIT: forgot to mention, it's not as smokey as Opti RTR 20%

-----

Haven't gone anywhere near WOT yet. So far, I like. That said the real proof will be running VP 25% and OptiRace 25% side by side once I've finished breaking in :)

Edited by SirusDviruS

My first order turned up yesterday while i was out so i have to wait until monday now for it to be redelivered :-( 

I will be directly comparing both 25% fuels (9% and 11% oil) to RB Buggy Race 25% fuel and the Master Basher 20% to Optifuel RTR 20%. 

RB fuel has been my favorite so far but its also the most expensive i've used, so im hoping the VP powermaster fuel is on par.

Fuels i've used:

Optifuel 16%, 20% 25% RTR - Very oily but works fine

Optifuel 25% Race - Good fuel, much better than the RTR blend as less oil and more poke

RB 15% & 20% Sport fuel - Much prefered to the Optifuel RTR as less oily and cars were quicker and throttle responce crisper and slighty longer run times

RB 25% Buggy Race - Best fuel i've used yet, crisp throttle responce, power around the same (maybe more so, not tested on the same day so unfair to compare) as Optifuel Race and better run times - but quite expensive @

Monster Basher 20% Very early first impressions :)

It's purple (I like :D )

It smells nice! doesn't hit you in the back of the throat like Byron's or optifuel. Smells a little like Model Technics but not quite.

It started a brand new pullstart Fastrax enduro on the 5th pull.

It's very oily (good for running in or n00b tuners. It's not 'sticky' like model technics yellow though.

Temps have been very stable.

-----

Haven't gone anywhere near WOT yet. So far, I like. That said the real proof will be running VP 25% and OptiRace 25% side by side once I've finished breaking in :)

Sounds good so far...Byrons really does choke me more than any fuel I have ever used...but the engines love it. :)

(Thinking I should order some of the master basher too)

Once you get that bad boy run-in then think about adding the closed backplate and a starter box....that will make the engine run and perform better than any fuel change will make. :)

Once you get that bad boy run-in then think about adding the closed backplate and a starter box....that will make the engine run and perform better than any fuel change will make. :)

Pull start for life me mate {throws up some LA gang hand signs} :P:):D

Pull start for life me mate {throws up some LA gang hand signs}  :P  :)  :D

Haha...I do agree totally with your train of thought....but we both know the advantages. :)

I do both...when bothered...prefer just a glow stick and fuel bottle in the pocket...but if aRsd to carry more then I know the box will make the engine perform better.

Edited by Anthoop

I've never broken a pull start. (Touch wood :P )

Roto starts are the devils work. Just as much crap to charge and carry around as a starter box, with all the performance down sides as a pullstart.

I know I'm a tad weird (!) but I like to feel what the engine is telling me when I start it, exactly the same reason I don't use air ratchets at work (cross threading? About to snap? Seized? Correct torque? Etc...)

That and I don't like carrying/charging even more stuff :)

A proficient pullstart user will not break it...Roto is much harder on the OWB and you have to carry/charge another thing...

I disagree, if you loosen the glow plug when using a roto-starter the owb lasts ages (I've been using the same one on my xr.30 for 3 years now). The pull start on my force .32 and .36 lasted only through the break in as the cord cut through the plastic casing, not to mention the fact the the cords rot and get worn out and are very hard to replace since they are so fiddly.

I disagree, if you loosen the glow plug when using a roto-starter the owb lasts ages (I've been using the same one on my xr.30 for 3 years now). The pull start on my force .32 and .36 lasted only through the break in as the cord cut through the plastic casing, not to mention the fact the the cords rot and get worn out and are very hard to replace since they are so fiddly.

With a pullstart you know if you need to loosen the plug...you can feel what is happening....

I do not account for bad pullstart designs...the cord should not be contacting the plastic casing...obviously it will wear out.

You can use any type of cord you wish...many are impervious to the fuel/oil.

Pullstarts can be testing to rebuild....but do it a few time and it is not so bad...after you have done it a few times then you learn not to break it. :)

Yeah, I use the pull start untill they break and use roto-start from then on, as I cba with them they just annoy me.

Force pull starts are rubbish, the old axial ones were ok. LRP (SH) ones are the best but they are too expensive.

I won't re-build pull starts cut my fingers on the spring to many times just isn't worth the hassle.

Anyway back to topic, I bought 4 quarts of the 25% fuel on thursday and have to say it does run really nicely. Hard to tell is it's any better than byrons but it's blue and cheaper so I guess that's a plus and it comes In really nice containers high quality containers which could be used to carry rough fuel for a baja after they are empty of nitro.

There were also some auctions on ebay for a gallon which I won one so I got a gallon for

Anyway back to topic, I bought 4 quarts of the 25% fuel on thursday and have to say it does run really nicely. Hard to tell is it's any better than byrons but it's blue and cheaper so I guess that's a plus and it comes In really nice containers high quality containers which could be used to carry rough fuel for a baja after they are empty of nitro.

There were also some auctions on ebay for a gallon which I won one so I got a gallon for

Edited by Anthoop

To right I didn't lol, happy days.  :tease:

I got the 11% oil fuel, In my opinion 10% is a happy medium however there is no real difference between 9-11% in my experience.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271466743788?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

There may be more but I haven't looked.

Pull start for me too, got a SMD starter box but rarely use it -  I just like to carry a bottle of fuel, glow igniter and tuning screwdriver with me when out bashing. Plus like Anthoop said, i like to feel what my engine is doing.

BTW pull starts are less than

Also i got to try the 25%  -11% oil VP fuel yesterday as my brothers order turned up on friday.

Going from RB Buggy Race 25% i didnt have to adjust the needles, it seamed the .25 HPI engine didnt even notice the change!

I went 1/2 turn richer anyway and retuned and ended up with the needles in the same position  :thumbsup:  in the end i think i used around 3, maybe 4 tanks and it never missed a beat.

The car seamed a little quicker and jumping higher but that proberbly just me knowing its got different fuel in it, in a blind test i dont think there would be any difference to the RB fuel - which to me is a good thing as its my favorite fuel.

So for me at least, i'm well happy with this fuel so far. I still have to use it for a while and see if the engine internals are well protected (and also try the others but if this fuel is anything to go by then i have nothing to worry about there).

Tried to order some to Northern Ireland but looks like it wont be arriving due to customs and shipping hazardous goods... was worth a shot!

Hi Adam

Thank you for your order of VP Powermaster Fuel, We have noticed that your address is Belfast,

I have spoken to our Courier Company to see if we are able to send to you, due to being Hazardous Goods this will need to be reviewed and I am waiting for a decision to see if we can ship to you,

I hope you are able to understand this and I will be in touch as soon as I hear a reply from them

Sorry for the inconvenience this might cause,

Many thanks

Chris

Can't fault Chris he's nothing but polite! 

Edited by adam1942

Just ordered the 20% with 14% oil to run my lrp in with. You're limited to max 3 cans per order now.

The 25% with 11% oil is out of stock :(

I've got all mine now, 15 bottles in total, 3 of the 20% and 6 each of the 25% fuels. Will run my cars again next week as im still repairing them from the last bash - I dont leave a bash until i have no more cars running lol