• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

KB WR8 flux pulls to one side when accelerating

Sonicr360

Evening,

The state of my current "2011" has shown that after some tweaks to the Servo, the "toe-out" of the tyres and putting more clips on the Shocks, it has improved much!

It almost goes in a straight line now. The screw where the servo arms connects to the Server was tightened.

The right and left Suspension arms were replaced.

I also had new bearings - I tried to clean the old ones, but thought I had spares so used them.

Got new Tyres - the old ones were getting very worn.

Drive Shaft

Hub Carrier Set (One side only, as there was a crack!

Screws

Servo tightened (as mentioned).

Upper Arms

Now, I think that is it for now... Got shock plate to do, as I am not very happy with the existing one, but as I said, there is a dramatic difference so far.

NOTE: This is "not" the WR8 Flux 2013 edition (Black and Blue body that got crushed by a real car), this is the 2011 (look at my profile pic!).

I have the weekend to look at the latest one, but I am now running out of parts. But I got a good idea as to where to look.

So I am getting there. Slowly but surely. I feel a little happier, but boy..... time consuming or what.

One question.... Uprated shocks.... is this possible? I am using ALOT of clips to stop the body grinding to the ground when braking. Or would some sort of oil suffice?

Forgot to mention.... Arm brace was in my opinion, acceptable - Although I had no spare.... so could not replace. But if you think I should, then I will

Thanks, Simon

jaqu5ety.jpg

Fitted the rims & tyres. I had to glue them all as could not find pre-glued sets anywhere.

Managed to glue my skin together but wheels fitted and goes ok.

First time trying this.... Sort of pleased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok thanks. My plan is to tackle this over the weekend as I believe the shock plate will resolve the problem. As mentioned previously it only takes a small amount I guess to completely put the car out of alignment. I was also debating about getting new shocks but on the car as well. Upgraded ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same problem, just not had a chance to have a look at my wr8 due to an upcoming house move and this is a new car. Only this I've changed is put on the older design shell and wheels.