• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Slash 4x4 - essential mods and setup ?

I got this: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=34884 - Turnigy nano-tech 8400mah 3S 40~80C Lipo Pack (TRA2878 Slash VXL/Slash 4x4 compatible) (UK) - it's a brick - i haven't used it yet as it's a heavy lump, I bought it May layt year and it's still in box all wrapped up, not even charged! Lol

I'm running my hard case 3S 6500mah from Overlander still that I got when I first got my slash. I can't believe my original gearing and esc, motor etc still going strong!! Fans on motor and esc from start may have helped!

I got this: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=34884 - Turnigy nano-tech 8400mah 3S 40~80C Lipo Pack (TRA2878 Slash VXL/Slash 4x4 compatible) (UK) - it's a brick - i haven't used it yet as it's a heavy lump, I bought it May layt year and it's still in box all wrapped up, not even charged! Lol

I'm running my hard case 3S 6500mah from Overlander still that I got when I first got my slash. I can't believe my original gearing and esc, motor etc still going strong!! Fans on motor and esc from start may have helped!

that's it! I new it was near 8300...;-)

I'm going to keep the nano techs for just the slash & keep the turnigy blues for the savage/xs/firestorm. All I'll do is fashion up a traxxas to xt90 so I can use the blues in an emergency.

Found these

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/fastrax-traxxas-steel-rear-universal-driveshafts-for-slash-stampede-4x4/rc-car-products/380913

Tbh I'll be going down the upgrade when broken route, I'll even keep the velineon & toast that before I upgrade to the wp sc8, I hovered over the kings headz alloy mount for a while & rpm arms but sod it, I'll consider it a stock durability test, especially that velineon system on 3s!

I bought a set of them in fact a bought both front and rear and to be honest i opened them and just sent them back.. They feel like there made by 5 year olds out in the jungle with a few simple hand tools utter crap if you ask me .. 

I use the MIP's HD KEYED axles front and rear along with the traxxas alloy hubs not yet had any wear issue's now they include the needed spacers to clear the hubs ETC..

Only thing i'd say about running such a huge 3s lipo is the weight, more weight means more heat  more heat means your have to drop your gearing so not only will you be heavy but your be slower than others or just run it hot till it pops..

I run my backslash on 4s 5000mah turnigy 40c lipos of a 2700kv lepoard motor with a sc8 and i get around 30/40 minutes a pack which is more than enough runtime i think, your be running close to an hour non stop with those packs i would have thought 

Mine is here, I've took it out & it ran great, but I wanted to check the pre load for the gtr shocks, looks like mine havnt been set as there right at the top of the shock. Any ideas? The manual is useless!

Do you know if the Platinum has the Aluminium bearing adapter as factory fit?  It will be same in my Ultimate then and I'd like to know as to whether I need to make the order for one or not.  I suppose it won't hurt having another just in case!\

Also, how much have you altered the slipper clutch from tight?

Edited by Didski

I shall check later, I did have the gear cover off yesterday to check the mesh

My manual states it has a 6893 installed & 6893X is the option part.

I'll take a better look when I'm tinkering with it this weekend!

Edited by Bigjimknickers
  • Like 1

I've just ordered the fan, the aluminium bearing adapter just in case and the battery expansion kit (LCG version). Ordered through MS with standard delivery - probably come before car!

Edited by Didski

• 6 months later...