• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Slash 4x4 - essential mods and setup ?

Where's the best place to buy hobbywing combos?

www.rcecho.com

and

www.funshobby.com

Both based in Asia, but pretty reasonable turnaround times :thumbsup:

if your going 3s+ I'd change the drive shafts I've done 4 rear ones in 2 days :shockingscary:

good excuse for some metal upgrades I've been looking at mip's

what experience has anybody had?

I also have the mod 1 spur (36t) will it fit the centre diff ?

thank good thread keep it up :thumbsup:

Edited by PIPE247

if your going 3s+ I'd change the drive shafts I've done 4 rear ones in 2 days :shockingscary:

I also have the mod 1 spur (36t) will it fit the centre diff ?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CmsTuUqbn5o

Looks good

The MIP's are mighty expensive, I like the look of the Tekno driveshafts, think ill give those a go shortly!

You're right tho, the stock driveshafts don't last long at all on 3s! :xd:

My slash originally came from alex97 and after I fixed it and repaired it the first thing I did was upgrade it now it's by far the best rc I've ever bought it's so robust and takes such a pounding I will never sell mine on ever lol

• Like 1

Tried that top tray, temps went up. The lcg hoovers up less muck than the v1....relatively speaking of course.

I swapped MIPS out for tekno....much lighter and a good design.

Tried that top tray, temps went up. The lcg hoovers up less muck than the v1....relatively speaking of course.

I swapped MIPS out for tekno....much lighter and a good design.

Are the platinums metal HD rear driveshafts? I did look into the tekno, but they come with rear hubs & that seems a waste considering that the platinum comes with the ally upgrades. I think that's one I'll leave til it's needed.

The tekno rear hubs allow for toe in settings from 0 to 4 degrees, handy if that is something you want to change... I ran 3 degrees and got more top end...

Iirc, tekno UJs only fit their hubs, down to the design where the coupling pin is held in by the inner bearing...

I ran MIPS on the traxxas ally hubs, which were subsequently eaten away by the MIP cups :(

No idea what the platinum drive shafts are made of Jim, I know some owners run stock traxxas on the fronts, only beefing up the rears...

Rcmonster do Slash driveshafts...least they used to...not cheap, mind..

I like the xo1 drive shafts on the slash its like fitting buggatti veyron drive shafts to a vw the problem is the price is alot more than mips. Im not familiar with ue ill check them out I heard something about ue shocks too. Are they linked to team associated or is that ae its hard to keep up sometimes.

Found these

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/fastrax-traxxas-steel-rear-universal-driveshafts-for-slash-stampede-4x4/rc-car-products/380913

Tbh I'll be going down the upgrade when broken route, I'll even keep the velineon & toast that before I upgrade to the wp sc8, I hovered over the kings headz alloy mount for a while & rpm arms but sod it, I'll consider it a stock durability test, especially that velineon system on 3s!

Edited by Bigjimknickers

I'll prob give those a go when they come in, the 1/8 system on 3s is causing the stock driveshafts to wear incredibly quickly!

Jim as a heads up, my Velineon motor was running at 150c on the stock gearing which Traxxas claims as being suitable for 3s. Don't hang about with that SC8/motor combo purchase ;)

Edited by James1986