• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

calling all fellow enthusiasts

burnhamshaun

Hi guys my names shaun and I have an idea id like your help and ideas with I fly helicopters well a trex 550 and I also bash I have a hpi stadium buggy 2 stroke right my idea is to combine the 2 for days out

WHAT?

I hear you say well I want to make/build/design a trailer that the baja can tow my 550 helli on the trailer would obviously carry batteries controller a few spares etc nothing major but little screws clips spark plug etc ive guesstimated that total weight would be 12-14kg what I need is your ideas designs etc or if anyone has done it or wants to do it id even pay if the job is right I want it to look good and not just a crappy thrown together type thing and it would of course have to have some form of suspension and clutch wise for the baja what would you recommend its a 26cc with tuned pipe and stuffed crank

1). How will towing a heli on the back of the baja help them be combined? Ones for surface use the other for air use? :lol:

2).Towing a heli using a Baja will probably fall to bits,unless you plan on strapping it down with cable ties or something.

Alternatively you could just save yourself the hassle by buying a toolbox for all the bits,and a couple of carry cases?

Don't see this idea working if i'm honest.

Sorry but i'm out!

Helli will of course be strapped to the trailer using velcro straps and its combination is in the transport to and from my flying club using the baja to get the helli there and back plus it will be a cool shelf queen when not in use

If I was you, I wouldn't bother, just my opinion.

You'll have a pretty expensive heli strapped onto a trailer that's hooked up to something that could fly off of it's own accord... Even killswitches sometimes fail.

Not worth the risk simply for the sake of towing the heli to the flying field.

Invest the money in a cheap little van lol.

• Like 1

He hasn't asked about risks or for constructive criticism.

I like the concept but would prefer a more 'scale' approach to the project.  Is the Baja the only option?

Edited by Deafty

He hasn't asked about risks or for constructive criticism.

Cheers for reply fella yea baja is the only option im afraid I thought it was a good unique idea but having doubts now lol

I like the concept but would prefer a more 'scale' approach to the project.  Is the Baja the only option?