• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MTA4/MGT Owners thread

jari

If it's leaving oil stains the lsn is rich mate. Lean it out a 1/8 turn then try again then if not another 1/8. I'd recomend use 25% assuming it's an s50. And a new glow plug might be a good idea I'm selling os no8 for

Only messed about with HSN, LSN an idle screw, don't tell me where the metering adjustment screw or location is cpz i'll most likely tinker and bugger it up.  Yesterday afternoon I set it as you posted factory settings, but car wouldn't start getting new glow starter. Neighbours weren't happy day before when it did run splutter and run left oil stains all over road and footpath.

lol :tease::sly:

have you tried heating the engine up before you try? it loosens the pinch or glow plug still glowing?

not there concern when it on the footpath and road its public land

does anybody know the stock diff oil weight in the mta4 s28 please

Hello mate, if you tear your diffs down you'll find they're packed with grease...

Clean it all out so its sparkling and if you're looking for a diff oil similar to the grease in em originally I'd go for around 30,000 weight in front and rear for bashing, or for racing 30,000 front, 10,000 weight rear diff.

Hope this helps, Cammie

• Like 1

just to make sure,are the gears inside the diffs plastic or metal as had a few saying plastic which i dont think so as bought replacements and they are not plastic,just havnt got round to open a diff up yet

Only the diff cups are plastic, everything else is metal inside of it, just give it a good clean to get rid of the grease and if the gaskets are ok (they normally are if you take em apart carefully) fill with fluid so it is JUST above the diff cogs, seal up and done mate :)

Jordan you are right, the gearbox has no oil, just a type of light white lithium grease to keep parts moving, we're on about the diffs lol

No only some gears in the main transmission are plastic on the s28. The diffs are metal and pretty bullet proof. To upgrade the s28 transmission just replace the central gearbox with the s50 one but make sure you include the spur assembly and brake setup. The s28 spur is plastic vs metal plus brace on the s50 and the s28 brake disk is a friction compound whereas the s50 is a proper metal disk brake plus pads.

Edited by MrPug
  • Like 1

Any one know where I can get hold of 8 shock caps and 8 shock bottom (caps) and full set of upgraded arms for a decent price. Having servo's changed from stock to savox and though might as well get these bits, and are the ali shock bodies what the springs go over and do you think they're needed or over the top.

All help appreciated.

Edited by chirri999

how does the engine mount come out of the mta s28,ive used a heat gun and still the screws wont budge,never had this problem before with a engine mount

no on the s28 in the diffs is plastic cogs

on the s50 there all metal in the gearbox and the diffs

I think you might have to take your truck apart and take some pictures of your 'all plastic diffs'

If they were, they would explode as soon as you put the throttle on! As I said the diff cups are plastic, gears inside are not!!

how does the engine mount come out of the mta s28,ive used a heat gun and still the screws wont budge,never had this problem before with a engine mount

Theres 4 bolts holding the mount in under the truck... They are a bugger to get off sometimes, just gotta keep trying I'm afraid lol