• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Jazrider parts sanity check!

I received a few parts this week and have been having a nightmare getting them to behave.

First the C-Hubs are too wide, only by 0.5mm but enough for them to not fit between the bushes in the knuckles (stock or jazrider ones).

I can live with taking some material off to make them fit.  I also found they don't fit Scout axles as the C-hub bolt holes are different, but it was about time I got some axial axle housings anyway as they are pretty much the last stock scout bit on there...

Secondly when fitting either stock axles or the new cvds I got the pin for the hex is sitting miles (1.5mm) fromt he bearing.  This seems to allow the axle to move back and forward which is giving me movement between the axle and the bearing.  This will wear them out quickly and allows the cvd pin to move out of line with the king pin.

Does this look wrong or will it sort out when I build the axle?:

Thanks, I have a pack of them and wouldn't mind using 1, but 3 seems a bit much?

The Jazrider stuff never seems to fit quite right.

Lesson learned I guess, always picked up second hand RC4WD / Vanquish before and some STRC new and only issues I've had were due to the Scout base vehicle.  I don't mind some fiddling but thought buying knuckles / chubs / cvd fromt he same manufacturer they should at least fit together!

Contacted jazhobby about the knuckles and response was "what chassis do you have?" which doesn't seem relevant and is a bit of a complicated answer! I replied with "Axial AX10 Scorpion".

Will pick up digital calipers from work and try and figure out exactly where the problems are.

Edited by ghazghul

Jazhobby asked for some pics so I sent:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ghazghul/13294409083/in/photostream/

and

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ghazghul/13294226055/in/photostream/

which are apparently too close so hard to see properly.

So I have now sent :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ghazghul/13304097394/in/photostream/

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update : They have agreed there is a fault with the c-hub and have done a redesign.  It means a wait for a couple of weeks longer for a production run but at least they are sorting it.  I can modify the incorrect ones to fit for now and keep them as spares.

• 4 weeks later...

Been a while but I now have been sent new brass bushings for the knuckles which they say will solve the issue... will build up the axles tonight to see.  My worry is that now the Jazrider knuckles will fit but my VP Zero Ackerman ones still won't go on the Jazrider c-hubs.

Only the jazrider knuckles fit the c hubs. I tried with axial high steering knuckles and jazrider c hubs and they just bind.

Thanks for info.

The chubs definitely measure wider than stock, and the jazrider knuckles with the "incorrect" brass bushes fit the stock chubs perfectly. With the new bushes the jazrider chubs fit their knuckles quite nicely.

I'll pull the crawler with the VP knuckles apart when the new shocks for it arrive. I'll probably just machine 0.25mm off each side of the chub to get a good fit if I can't find some thin bushes.