• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Sway bars

Rocha1305

I'm being 'swayed' by the positive handling & feel you can get from sway bars. I've read a couple of insights into the effects of re-weight distribution etc, sounds intriguing enough to try them.

Does any1 have a link to some that would fit a LC Racing EMB-1?

Thanks in advance.

I have them on the mini 8 and there also on the gtb I have but none on my emb, I am not too sure the emb needs them as much as the other two it is planted alot firmly than them so I am not sure you would gain alot from using them but if you wanted to try the mounts look very similar to mini 8 sway bar mounts.

Si

I do get a fair bit of body roll at the track races, certainly enough to give it a try.

Thanks Si, to be honest I am hoping there's a compatibility between the models, cos again the parts market seems to be flooded with Losi only.

Karting...ive seen the bars on DMS, but they all state Losi. Do you have a link to a set that deffo fits the EMB-1?

The GTB sway bars fit totally different to the car, they go through the casing as opposed to fit to the casing but until some one who runs them can comment I am not sure which fit, the mini 8 looks nearly identical fitment when you look side by side.

Si

I dont know if you have seen how mine are fitted to the m8 20130720_201639-1_zpspq8cmwpg.jpg

Using the dome spacer to hold them in place I can't tell a lie though I got it with them on like this lol

Well I got some Losi 1's. They seem to scale perfectly with the emb-1. Without any fitting instructions, I've fit them.

Trouble is they don't seem to be performing as a sway bar should :(

Si...where the flat part of the bar is screwed down on the rear, is that sposed to be tight or a little loose?

Sorry for not replying I am currently in hospital I thought it would be good to break both my femur at the same time in exactly the same place, had to have them rodded and pinned so that hurts o small amount, I would advise any one thinking of breaking your legs to not do it lol talk soon when I am out.

Si (laid flat with balloon knees)