• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Savage Octane: APRIL RELEASE!

Nick

Well if i want something with a shed load of torque that will go slow and climb hills i'll buy i summit and save me self some cash.. Now who'd of ever thought you could say buy a traxxas as it would be cheaper !!! .. Will be interested thou to see just how durable this really is as so far the only things i've seen it do are quite basic driving up and down.. 3 speed gearbox could be an absolute pig to work on if it goes wrong and another potential disaster area..  

I must admit, the videos that have been relased for this are terrible, that guy is just annoying ^^^^^ and them in the uk who took it up a slight incline ??? Whats that prove ??? Hpi need to do better D-

I can understand them taking their time, as the chap in the video said. Adding another range to the Savage line-up means it has to be just as durable & proven as its brothers..  :yes:

Having said that, they should have kept it under wraps until a month before they actually release it. The amount of positive comments & potential buyers that posted when it was first announced were overwhelming, whereas now because they have pushed the release date back on more than one occasion & released some truly awful videos, people have lost interest and have looked elsewhere for their next rc fix.

Still, it will be nice to see a proper video of it in action. Afterall, who wants to see a savage on all four-wheels? That's just unrealistic.. :lol:

Another slow boring vid just makes it look even worse ..I mean WOW it went up and down a flat bit of grass and pavement in the rain really makes me want to go and hand over

Looked fast enough in the American vid, they didn't show much speed footage, but it looked reasonable.

SOMEONE PLACE AN ORDER! ;)

One of my friends is buying one so I will be able to get some running vids with a 5ive hopefully :)