• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What I plan on Getting

Sin

in my model shop there is a radio which costs £380

its called sidewinder something, donno whats special about it, apart from the normal things you fine on a hi-spec radio,it is full of trims and option things,

oh is see why its so expensive, comes with reverse gear kit, and a reverse gear change and controlled speed on controller,

Edited by samij121

Just Found this savage on another forum i signed up for recently:

HPIM0545.jpg

HPIM0543.jpg

hpi2.jpg

HPIM0540.jpg

And it has:

flm lcg tvps not ext

flm engine plate

flm shock towers

flm center skid plate

flm sevro mounts trottle and steering

hpi dual disc brakes

hpi servo saver steering

hpi 4 diff mod

BRAND NEW F4.1 HPI ENGINE WITH AIR FILTER

40 seris bowties and two sets of walbash rims 23mm with crazy nutt racing adapters

3 speed trans with savage x trans case easy to adjust

allen screws all threw truck not cheapys

hell fire mid tank mod on flm servo plate

removed roll bar

shocks are new with 25wt oil

mpi cvds front and rear and centers

hpi tuned pipe new

ue 4 shoe clutch

He wants $250 for it and i would have to add about $100 postage from America so $350 which is about £200.

IS this a good deal ?

It only needs electronics (which i have)

and are these hop-ups a good make ??

would a savage x ss be better aswell ??

lol everyone seems to say that, the HPI Firestorm takes my fancy but its not gonna be out for ages.

How long does it take for the admin to activate ure account ??

Should activate your account by tonight (ps most of the mods/admins/members on there are *****)

lol what up with it ?? Yeah its New out rofl

That Hellfire is a good price are they good trucks ??

They seem really expensive new is this because there over priced or just good quality ?

And thanks for the warning :good:

Edited by Sin

see thats why i want that savage because at the end of the day its £125 and its got alot of hop-ups and i have had ago with my mates and i liked it. And if i dint like it i could sell it and get a revo etc...

If i can find a Revo with a rb engine on MaxBashing i would probably would end up buying that, as i would love to see my mates face when i get it out and [CENSORED] all over his savage :D rofl

Edited by Sin

The stock Hellfire has/had problems,it was something to do with weak parts,the front hubs and shock towers I think it was.

That Firestorm thing looks like a 2WD Hellfire,is it?

I think the biggst thing against the Savage is that it has been around for a while and HPI just keep re-hashing it with different bodies/engines etc rather than come up with anything new,okay the Savage X is a step in that direction I suppose and if something works you stick with it.

I think its because it is old and because of that better MT's have come out, also some people have bad experiences with them, stripped spurs etc.

yeah i can see what u mean although the new ones like the k4.6 and x ss seem to have some major and well needed changes.

I always seem to be on the savages side even though i don't own one......

But i try to make a decision and theres always something to make u think otherwise

If you want a Savage, get a Savage, just because the basic design is a old, doesn't mean it's made of poo :D .

The X and X ss have made it a lot easier to work on, and other than that, it has always been a great MT imo, and please don't tell me that it handles like a pig, if you want to race, buy a truggy or a buggy...

Go with what you want, if you have always liked the Savage, get one. If you would rather a revo, get one of those. But it sounds to me like you want a Savage :D

• 3 weeks later...

Right Well it has Come !!

Got all the stuff i intended to.....

but know i have a question

my mum says i can build it up for christmas or i can open it on christmas and then build it but i dunno what to do ??

Edited by Sin