• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Axial scx10 Dingo

Hammy

Cheers Gaz

I've seen you pop up on other threads and was thinking you could probably help ;)

What size Figures are 1/10?

Around 6" ?

Or is it a case of if it looks right then it'll do?

saw someone with a Steve Irwin driving his SCX

Was pretty cool and got me thinking and searching eBay.

i have a sam fisher from splinter cell.

7" figures are about perfect and there is load about, you could use a wrestler if you can find a clothed one who isn`t gurning......

if theres any help you need, give me a shout mate, im on most days :thumbsup:

Tell me about it.

I'm resisting buying one until I've at least finished building the chassis.

and the dingo shell.

Although looks like none of the kits come with fixing screws so that's something to watch/account for

The other thing is, my line manager has just bought a D110 which he's picking up next week.

Seeing that in the car park every day isn't going to help matters I don't think!!

Yeah mate your not wrong!!

Although some clever so and so has converted a dingo shell to a d90 on YouTube search axial scx10 dingo and it's one of the top vids

Looking good there bud,Iam in limbo at the mo with mine waiting for the Motor/Esc and servo to arrive,can you give me the mesurment length for the drive shafts,took mine of the sprue without reading the instructions first, DER, eg Dingo/Honcho/Wrangler sizes.. :whistling: 

Plenty grease in bottom of shocks as they are prone to leak. I bet you change them soon. There's a thread on here somewhere about how much oil to put in them, some use only a dribble, some fill them. It's all good fun.

Here we go then...

Started masking up, having a nightmare when it came to the head lights. Then i remembered about the ones that came with it!

This is the first shell I've sprayed with an airbrush.

It was all going so well..........

Until it came to the black coat, I obviously missed tightening up a crucial nut.

All of a sudden what was a beautiful fine mist turned into a firemans hose.

Subsequently the heavily thinned paint bled through the top coat and is visible on quite a few places.

Proper p****** me off tbh but there we go.

Every days a lesson!

Will probably be box finished tonight.

0EF0B9CD-2A00-43C3-9B99-B4385B6EFA4D.jpg

3988E67A-8CDD-41CB-AA28-B9F5D7ACC74D.jpg

E4B11E80-3352-419F-ACB3-F7B0B7CD68B8.jpg

3755A478-3A4C-4428-B0C6-A2FAE456CB26.jpg

4E1CD19C-0763-4FF7-8DF7-E22563DB9C0B.jpg

• Like 3

Box finished!

As there were no instructions for where to put the decals so I had to improvise and adjust here and there but I'm quite happy with it.

Until the driver arrives then I'll have to hack the floor pan.

And I want the steering wheel parts sprue axial do. Which also includes a hunting rifle.

Well as I'm also an air gunner I thought that'd be tasty, which leads me to the my brand new pack of miliput I have sitting somewhere and gave me an idea of a kill on the bonnet.

I saw someone had done it with a model deer but as it was modelled standing up it didn't look right strapped down.

With one of my other Hobbys (model railway) I've made trees from wire and plaster.

So I thought I might join the two for a little project.

That's for the future. Back to now

B8688C42-A8BE-4C58-BCCF-9AE48D01C479.jpg

55F4DBA9-7C2B-4698-A36F-FC5527A723AC.jpg

• Like 1