• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

shorter wraith

rawalker666

• 2 weeks later...

0177f9d8b90b89b746a85df2269afca2.jpg

Got new wheels today some Micky Thompson rc4wd 2.2 wheels look better than the oem rims as holes go all the way through on these and they have tiny scale bolts holding them together just need to get them dirty now

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

While I was rebuilding my gmade transitions shocks off my wraith I temporarily fitted a set off traxxas gtr shocks I have just got for another project

They look really good on it and am almost tempted to leave them on now 383b4c9215ee7af8f83127e259ad39ca.jpgfb5eb26652fd0c557e13f2a53453eba2.jpg31644544cccb908966b13e2ce37fc68f.jpgd091cd3b3643e9d3166d753b1e5f5175.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

They look bright enough! Can I ask where you got them from?

got them off ebay they are car daytime running lights only downside is they need to be run off 3s lipo

Is there a Wraith attached to that light?

just a little one

• 3 weeks later...

Lovely work there mate!

Makes me want to go down this route, but I'd want more speed than a crawer, which I could get with a wraith or yeti!

Your always going to have to compromise on something depending on what speed range you go for.

If you go for higher speeds you will suffer with suspension stiffness for the more technical sections as you need a stiffer spring rate to avoid axle twisting with the grippy tyres.

If you go for slower speed you obviously are restricted to slower speeds and sometimes lack wheel speed for the climbs.

ive found 27 - 30 turn brushed motors give just nice speed for trails so there is always  a bit in reserve for a little jump at the top off hills 

if you really want speed as andy said you really need to stiffen suspention and usually upgrade whole drive train to take the extra power 

if you really want something fast off road and in woods i would say go for the yeti or exo buggy

d46de88367305364e5c465a6fb9e2f57.jpg

Just made a steering damper / servo saver

It's made from a rc4wd scale shock

Modified the cap to fit a normal rod end

Made a new shaft to get length required

Has a pair off opposing springs to give protection in both directions

Only gives about 5mm travel either way and is very stiff so hopefully steering won't be affected but will protect servo on impacts

going to look out for something thinner that was just knocked up in half an hour so not perfect but was just working with what i had

Could try the original vanquish one with nitro fuel tubing? If that's to thin maybe the 5th scale use thicker tubing?

Also it being a shock it acts as a servo saver, or am I missing something.

Just looking at my wraith regarding link lengths have you ever though about shortening the front links? its always bugged me that the front wraith links are far too long as the center of axle falls just behind the front bumper. My 2.2 swampers actually extend beyond the front bumper.

Edited by Andyking

Just started to install the 4ws on the shorty wraith just need to make the steering links and wire it all up now should have it all sorted by the weekend

Risking using a 15 kg savox Waterproof servo for the rear since there is virtually no weight in the rear it should be ok but if it seems a bit weak will fit something a bit stronger

6bcce59838a09ef782b564ca757d1847.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...