• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RCMax 70CC Baja Engine

maesterio

There is going to be alot of these in uk soon I have been caught with my pants down on how many I needed lolSent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

i think thats a good idea, I think they're be plenty of demand for these! the cost seems very readonable especially with that case!! looks great.

once videos come through should start an obr 38 thread, alot of people will be lookng for info on this motor,.this one is a mishmash of everything lol.

on another note I think it should pull hard enough and plenty of torque to use a single gear set up .

would a 2 speed be able to cope on the 38? Ive never ran a 2 speed.

spnic, do these only fit in losi and bajas or will they go in a fg?

Edited by marder 78

Gearing depends on your needs, what sort of terrain/space your running on & what you really want out of the engine.

If you want the best of everything get a 2 speed lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run slipper clutches on my bajas to protect the drive train so can't fit a two speed

Wonder what sort of damage the obr 38cc or rcmax 70 would do on that.

17/57

21/53

26/48

ftw

Those gear ratios would just be on its roof... sure on a 38 u will start on a 21 pinion and a 26 on a 70 easliy.. 2 speeds can be fun depending how u run and what looking for I had one and on a long run become uncontrollable as the air under shell just lifted it and flipped the baja ...

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Those gear ratios would just be on its roof... sure on a 38 u will start on a 21 pinion and a 26 on a 70 easliy.. 2 speeds can be fun depending how u run and what looking for I had one and on a long run become uncontrollable as the air under shell just lifted it and flipped the baja ...

Now that would be one hell of a thing to see... Not fun for the driver as I can't imagine a Baja flipping at 70mph+ is going to be a cheap fix lol.

i think thats a good idea, I think they're be plenty of demand for these! the cost seems very readonable especially with that case!! looks great.

once videos come through should start an obr 38 thread, alot of people will be lookng for info on this motor,.this one is a mishmash of everything lol.

on another note I think it should pull hard enough and plenty of torque to use a single gear set up .

would a 2 speed be able to cope on the 38? Ive never ran a 2 speed.

spnic, do these only fit in losi and bajas or will they go in a fg?

they should fit fg they fit mcds I will have some more in start of next week I will get some dimensions is how the billet housing fits fits the fg is only thing

Wonder what sort of damage the obr 38cc or rcmax 70 would do on that.

17/57

21/53

26/48

ftw

I use single gear 30/44 for tyre shredding bottom end and good 75/80mph top. if I ran a 2 speed it would probably be 26/48 1st and 34/40 2nd.would need a big space. tho'.

The first video on this thread is Rino running at the ROSSA World RC Speed Championships. Another guy, Dan has just ran 118mph with a Baja 70cc but didnt video it. He is looking for 200kph (124.28mph) so will post when he gets there. I'll post a link here

Cheers

The first video on this thread is Rino running at the ROSSA World RC Speed Championships. Another guy, Dan has just ran 118mph with a Baja 70cc but didnt video it. He is looking for 200kph (124.28mph) so will post when he gets there. I'll post a link here

Cheers

I really do think he will top the 120mph mark.

how you get on with the bzm 50?