• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

revo fuel recommendations?

SlippyNick

O'Donells and Byrons 25% is genrally the best stuff you can buy and the only stuff I put though my engine. I find Tornado doesn't have enough oil, and model Technics has way too much, my advise, avoid model technics at all costs!

Edited by waz

I prefer 25%, people tell you it'll kill your engine quicker, and it will but it's not going to make a massive differance to engine life. Keeping your engine full throttle for prolonged periods of times on a regular basis will kill your engine fast than using a higher percentage nitro.

O'Donells and Byrons 25% is genrally the best stuff you can buy and the only stuff I put though my engine. I find Tornado doesn't have enough oil, and model Technics has way too much, my advise, avoid model technics at all costs!

I prefer 25%, people tell you it'll kill your engine quicker, and it will but it's not going to make a massive differance to engine life. Keeping your engine full throttle for prolonged periods of times on a regular basis will kill your engine fast than using a higher percentage nitro.

totaly agree with both those comments :good:

i used to use tornado 25% just switched to byron and its soooo much better, im never going back

Interestingly Traxxas recommend Dynamite as an alternative to 'Traxas top Fuel' so it must be decent to run in the engine.

In the real world Tornado works ok - seems to make the engine hard to tune for me and it overheated a couple of times even though there was plenty of blue smoke coming out the exhaust (running rich).

Can't coment on any other fuel until i get my hand down and order some o'donnels

A quote from the traxxas website....

'If Traxxas Top Fuel™ is not available from your hobby dealer, the fuels listed below have been tested by Traxxas and determined to be satisfactory for use in the TRX Pro.15:

Dynamite Blue Thunder

Power Master Formula 16

Byron's Originals Race 1000/2000

Morgan's Omega (Omega fuel is an airplane fuel which may be used. The higher oil content however, will not deliver the same performance and tuning ease as a good, special-purpose car fuel)'

And a link to the article...........

http://www.traxxas.com/support/index.php?a...at=34&id=81

Hope this helps

Blue thunder is apparantly the worst fuel money can buy, leaving a trail of gunk and garbage in your engine, it's only reccomended because either Dynamite pay them to, or the owners of the two companioes are the same, I can't remember. Thats straight from the guys mouth who i was speaking to on the phone at miarge. The message is, Blue Thunder isn't that good.

Blue thunder is apparantly the worst fuel money can buy, leaving a trail of gunk and garbage in your engine, it's only reccomended because either Dynamite pay them to, or the owners of the two companioes are the same, I can't remember. Thats straight from the guys mouth who i was speaking to on the phone at miarge. The message is, Blue Thunder isn't that good.

I would take the article i posted the link to with a pinch of salt like - I was unterested as to what people whould post in response to it

Blue thunder is apparantly the worst fuel money can buy,

I used a gallon of Blue Thunder Race Formula 20%

I will tel you this.

My 2.5r never ran out of tune while using this fuel.. I changed to Tornado 25% and it is a nightmare to tune right.

I would go back to BT again if I could get my hands on it. :good:

Ok, I'm based in Dronfield (near Sheffield) and my lhs only sells Model Technics or some dodgy green stuff called "Monster Nitro Juice" 25%.

The problem is that the nearest place to sell O'Donnells (that I've found) is in Leeds, which is a good 45 mile drive...

Can anyone recommend a seller near me or rate the Juice?

Thanks

dont us model technics, i used that and it was ok but after about 2 weeks the preformance on my trx 2.5 was awful soo as i swithed fule it was fine.

what i would do is order odonnelss of model sport, unfortunately there is a high postage charge cause it a flamable substance but at least you will get the best fule to use.

ye order from modelsport (this is in leeds too, is this the one you found?) £6 delivery (theyre the only uk modelshop allowed to ship fuel i think) unless you spend over £49 then its free (somewhere on the homepage at the top i think ;))

I use model technic, everyone says it's like cat [CENSORED].

why? i think it's good. :)

Well there is for and against.

MT 16%

my buddy uses it in his 2.5 tmaxx no problem.

I tried it in my Revo 2.5r and it ran like rubbish.

I ran it in my 3.3 and it ran beautifully.

so it is a case of your engine likes it or not. :good:

I used a gallon of Blue Thunder Race Formula 20%

I will tel you this.

My 2.5r never ran out of tune while using this fuel.. I changed to Tornado 25% and it is a nightmare to tune right.

I would go back to BT again if I could get my hands on it. :good:

I take it all back then.

Whoever was asking about fuel, if you buy 4 gallons from bolton model mart (Byrons 25%) they are £22.50 each with free delivery.

Id like to try Maxxy's fuel. If you can get your hands on it give it a try. I heard good things about it and its pink so even better! Byron/Odonnell are always firm favorites with fuel. Tornado's been getting a battering latly but i know a lot of people still happily using it especially for the price.

Oh and also heard a bit about Pro Synth being good. Can be ordered from thier site but is expensive stuff and you have to buy at 4x gallons in a ago like Bolton Model Mart.

Edited by yoclick