• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Field of Dreams

Enid_Puceflange

Hope this really works for you guys, it would be awesome to have another permanent rc track in Scotland.

For a country this size to only have one track is pretty shocking.

Do you have plans to start racing, or is it a bashing only track?

Dirt or astro?

Membership/pay to play?

I think people get a bit confused with racing, either that or most racers I know are doing it wrong.  For me racing is fun and lets off some steam.  I understand it may not be for everyone, but the way some folk talk you would think racing isnt fun, if thats the case I would have stopped ages ago and went back to bashing.

I do enjoy a bash, but for me it was at its best in the days when we got Nino's bag of tricks and set up a track with the rope and added a few home made jumps in.  Then get a few wee mini races on the go, seeing a baja land on top of my hyper was impressive, but just to go up and down straights does nothing for me, I like a wee competitive edge to the bash.  Gets the banter flowing well, when someones bins it on the last jump and you trickle past for the win.

I am pretty sure the 1/5 scale track at Ayr is closed, thats certainly what I heard a while ago.  Nobody ever turned up so the club shut up shop.  (although thats only what I heard, but I did hear it from a few folk).  Plus the track was supposed to be flat, pretty much pancake like.

Will be good to see a new track up and running though, as I have had an urge to get the bandit or monster truck out a few times when I havent made the trip to CSOR, but those weekends always seemed to have been crawl weekends.

Yeah,

Considering it was hosing it down last night. Lol

Area hasnt been used in quite a while and tractor tyre ruts will always collect water huh.

Any preference,

Field outside The Ratho Park pub

Can be seen on Google earth but its highly visible

Third field is a good option though perfectly flat

But rent will prob be too much

G

lota potential

1. i think if  we get it we should have lots of drainage for it to try keep it nice and dry :yes:

2.maybe tidy up the car park abit :thumbsup:

3. we should have the track and a crawling track up at the hill for the folk with crawlers :sweatdrop::yes: