• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Field of Dreams

Enid_Puceflange

Ok,

Just a wee idea I had bashing around my head for a few weeks now.

I know I havent met any of you yet, and thats because my work keeps me in 6 days a week at long hours, so trust me, it not my choice......

I have the possibility to get my hands on a nice secluded piece of land, with permission to construct a purpose built 1/5 scale track.

Actually looks like I could have the choice of 3 locations.

Now, these would all be around the Ratho/Dalmahoy area of west Lothian.

Would there be any interest or a strong enough following to set something up semi permanent?

I would have permission to use a digger (if deemed necessary)

Also access to a porta cabin on the site for shelter

And also to use the porta cabin as an elevated platform to control buggies from.

This would require some labour. (well loads of it actually)

And also the paying of rent for use of the land, though I wouldnt expect much, and im trying to get the land owner to see sense in a pay when its used scenario.

The land is currently quite dry and not susceptible to flooding

There wouldnt be running water or electricity, but it would be great starting grounds to build something similar to the rc track down in Ayr

Very very early stages of enquiry, but would there be enough interest to start something off? Even if it were to cost

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

i like the idea but its a bit far out for me really my transport for wednesdays cant take me beyond bathgate

plus that does sound abit expensive

i need to ask my dad if he knows anyone with some land that we could also use :whistling:

Ya, a digger is a bit overkill, just grab a few shovels and some bodies and it would be done in no time  :yes:

For 1/10th scale, yes, but for 5th scales a digger would be better me thinks. The track will be much wider.

Maybe it would be possible to get in touch with the council and maybe have them involved?

We would have to draw a track layout from the top view and go from there Ross. Jump would need to be reasonable but probably not as big as the one at the BMX track :D

No, lol, it's Digital Media that I am doing :D I am doing 3D modelling just now so might put that to use.

Did someone not discuss land out whitburn way a couple of months ago in the big discussion thread?

Yes but the land owner never got back to Barry(I think) so it was scrapped :(

Edited by Pharrel

I'm up for that. Thinking about it in a way so that crossers and quads don't use it if I were one of them I wouldn't find enjoyment on going over bumps that I couldn't get any air off of or is too tight to enjoy a flowing track. Look at where they normally run bings open spaces and the like imagine there face when they see a track that is set out for scale rc instead of 1:1 things. They may go there at the start but then realise it isn't much fun so just leave it. I'm all up for the construction side of it. We should organise some where to meet and go over what the plan is. Do drawings, scope of works, timescale, costing, materials, labour, parts suitable for different scales 1:12 to 1:5, pit area, I'm sure there is more to do but as for pipeline side of things then you can put my name down for a big tick

• Like 1