• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Jim-Bob's Baja 5b Build

Jim-Bob

Damn dude, just went into abbots to buy them & now they are out of stock :(

edit: black is finished orange are still their.

Orange would match your colour scheme well! Mines in stealth mode...black and gunmetal chassis, need to chose a shell colour still...but wheels are going to be bright and in your face! :D

James

there are 4 prts from gh racing i want as they served me very well on the other car.

3 i can get (although the wrong colour) but the 4th seems to be out of stock in every colour in every shop, also happens to be the one part i didn't expect to be hard to find.

You going to buy them anyway before they are gone and deanodise them if they don't suit?

James

You going to buy them anyway before they are gone and deanodise them if they don't suit?

James

basicly, but it would seem i'm not the only one doing it so there is a good chance they will all be gone before i can afford them anyway, want the front shock supports, rear shock supports, front tower support and the arm brace they do.

seems most of them are gone and i'm all out of places to look.

Yours will come out wicked, make sure you picture everything & keep this thread updated when you start building!

I hope so but the baja fund is just about empty for now so once all the parts I've brought are here and assembled it will be be a while before any more happens...house is sucking the funds dry :(

Will get pictures of everything as I go through though!

Just need to get front axles and wheel hexes and maybe if I can stretch to it a radio box, fuel tank, kill switch and front bumper and that will finish the front end except for electronics but they can wait right to the end to preserve any warranties there may be?

James

basicly, but it would seem i'm not the only one doing it so there is a good chance they will all be gone before i can afford them anyway, want the front shock supports, rear shock supports, front tower support and the arm brace they do.

seems most of them are gone and i'm all out of places to look.

Seems word has got around pretty sharpish then :( is there any stock in the US anywhere?

Big box of fun arrived today...

91E7EB72-F82B-4557-999A-654619BDC542.jpg

Full of these goodies....

E5D32AFD-1E09-4193-A7C5-30818A5E5AF2.jpg

2EAEEBEC-C6B6-4589-8F45-FC9349F081CE.jpg

550658D1-B927-4F5E-852A-DE91E6C73BC5.jpg

That's nearly everything for phase 1 of the build sourced now :D waiting on 15mm stainless steering arms from mr-m and I-RC rear tranny plate from Thunderwolf, then it's just the following to find (if I can stretch to it):

- RPM front bumper

- Gunmetal rear hex hubs

- Vertigo clipless/boltless front axle extenders

- HPI radio box

- KM fuel tank

- Full Force fuel line kit

Only the bumper is really needed as everything else can go on at anytime...

James

Getting there James..

Question, why front extenders but not rear? Going to add to the turning circle (not the best to begin with)...am taking our front extenders off and running rears only to begin our season...

Getting there James..

Question, why front extenders but not rear? Going to add to the turning circle (not the best to begin with)...am taking our front extenders off and running rears only to begin our season...

It's a misleading name Noj, if you run the 'extenders' on the front with stock rear hexes the track stays at standard width, but without anything to fail and leave you with a 3 wheeler!

Details here: http://www.bajachopshop.co.uk/product.php?id_product=112 trouble is UK stock seems non-existent unless you buy the kit with extended hubs which I don't want!

Will run rear extenders once that half of the build starts!

James

Well there ya go, learned sumfink today I 'av  :thumbsup:

Happy to help Noj!

Seems to be a simple but solid solution to keeping the front wheels on, shame they aren't readily available :(

Everything ordered so far is here now!

Collected my mr-m arms from the sorting office earlier:

859523B6-9802-4E70-8DAF-4EF6BD6499DD.jpg

These don't need a warranty - you simply won't bend or break these...ever!

Lastly my I-RC tranny plate/brake mount arrived from Thunderwolf:

A38788E4-93B9-40E5-A660-D9F853ED1F56.jpg

Hopefully I will get a few evenings free next week and start assembling a few bits!

In the mean time the hunt continues for some vertigo front axles and gunmetal hubs!

On another note, what do you thread lock? Just what is listed in the SS manual or all metal to metal connections? Same strength all round or varied depending on position?

James

blue locktite stuff.

red is too strong. some use green on engine bits but I dont.

Cheers mate, do you use that on all the metal threads or just one where movement/vibration is most likely?

Christ on a bike, those are HUGE!!

These lasts one are 15mm stainless bar... 'nuff said :P 

i should thank you for that, turned out some break disks came with them which i didn't expect, basicly made them free for me lol

Everyone's a winner then mate! Really do like the V2 I-RC looks smart but subtle with the corners chamfered back to raw alloy :)

James

Everyone's a winner then mate! Really do like the V2 I-RC looks smart but subtle with the corners chamfered back to raw alloy :)

does indea, i got the red versions on another baja, was going to use it on this new one but then it wouldn't match the tr top plate up front lol

yeah, it does.

Cheers AD! I'll get some ordered :)

does indea, i got the red versions on another baja, was going to use it on this new one but then it wouldn't match the tr top plate up front lol

Fair enough, I know where your coming from, I'm trying to keep mine colour coded too...not an easy job!

Do the the look of the TR stuff a lot but I-RC's lifetime guarantee has swung it, so it's going everywhere it can!

Just seen the new Vertigo clutch system...that may of just pushed the TR system out the window...will have to see what the RRP is over here first though as it's $199 over the pond so that probably means it will be