• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Jim-Bob's Baja 5b Build

Jim-Bob

Hi all, next up once I've got the remaining chassis bits ordered from I-RC, I'll need a radio box and fuel tank so...KM vs HPI?!

I'm guessing there's no real difference in the 2, other than HPI being twice the price? There's no stress from impacts, etc on them so I guess KM will be as good as the HPI?

Thanks in advance :)

James

think gh are stopping production. :(

shame, great products. look nice and work very well.

That is a shame! Glad I got the supports when I did...haven't got the rears yet though - might have to get them ordered! Edited by Jim-Bob

GH rear shock supports in black are on their way from Abbots before the last of the stock is gone! :(

Shame the radio box, fuel tank and centre roll bar tree were out of stock else if be a bit closer to having a half a Baja (even if it is just a heap of parts!)

James

IRC order placed...only just realised you can place out of stock items in your basket for delivery once in they back in stock...DOH!

Anyway the following is on it's way to me eventually (told Rob to wait and send it all as one if he wants or do it in stages once the out of stock stuff is back in):

1 x HPI Baja Screw Kit (all models) - High tensile

1 x Innovative-RC Full Bearing Kit Rubber Shilded - Baja 5B 5T 5SC

1 x HPI Baja Front Upper Plate 4mm Black Anodized - 87484

1 x Baja Upper Front Arm Brace Black Anodized 7075-T6

1 x Baja Front Lower Brace Black Anodized 7075-T6 - 87478

1 x Innovative-RC HPI Baja 5B 5T enclosed chassis - Black - under chassis brace: Include Brace

1 x Baja Front Upper Brace Black Anodized 7075-T6 - 87481

1 x IRC Hing Pins Full Set V2 - 10Pins

James

• Like 1

Nice project you got going here, I can see some great parts going into this build. 

Pretty much all the major stuff is hopped up, not afraid to spend a little money eh :P

When you start building it, get some pictures going along of the build! 

Also I see everything in the I-RC order apart from the rear upper plate? You have that already?

Nice project you got going here, I can see some great parts going into this build. 

Pretty much all the major stuff is hopped up, not afraid to spend a little money eh :P

When you start building it, get some pictures going along of the build! 

Also I see everything in the I-RC order apart from the rear upper plate? You have that already?

Well I reckon for not too much than an SS HPI (with the 'necessary' hopups) you can build a great spec baja that will bash all day long worry free! And I'm trying to prove that, even if it does turn out to be the slowest build ever!

Also almost entire chassis will be I-RC and therefore guaranteed for life...no one else comes close to offering worry free bashing!

The rear plate and braces and engine braces are missing as I'm following the SS manual to build this so I've only brought the front half so far, I'll get it built up to the fuel tank then go again.

Just need a front bumper, steering arms, front hubs/axles, radio box and fuel tank to complete the front half now :)

James

2 things.

first is i have a brand new i-rc rear top plate in black, v2 version so you get the shiny edges, still in its packet.....and i don't want it, so you can save some money here by buying mine instead :)

second,

Sounds good to me, PM your paypal details!

I think I'll get the chassis/suspension/transmission built for the SS price , wheels and tyres will be a push to squeeze in at that price I think, but the engine won't fit in that price range...still undecided on that front, probably should have gone RTR price not SS :P

James

i actualy haven't got it yet, its in the post.

also, ruby isn't finished, the bits you are talking about cost me

think of it this way.

i bought my first baja as an rtr and fixed the broken and weak bits with upgrades as i went over the time i have owned it.

this one i built will have the same strength, if not better, than the first, minus the

True, by the time your finished it will start reaching the grand mark & also have you got your engine, exhaust, gears drivetrain etc. bought yet also the tyres, tx/rx and stuff will shoot up the budget before you know it.

Engine I'm still undecided on and it will be the very last item I'll buy, exhaust will most probably be a clone dom so nothing to expensive, drivetrain is planned but not brought yet, but will eat through most of my remaining budget on that tbh. Wheels and bead locks will be silverback clad in hostile tyres, will probably run flysky radio gear as it's arrived and tested budget system that works perfectly with the switchblade which I will be using!

think of it this way.

i bought my first baja as an rtr and fixed the broken and weak bits with upgrades as i went over the time i have owned it.

this one i built will have the same strength, if not better, than the first, minus the

More bits have arrived...then ended up back to the sorting office/depot :(

Royal Fail decided on Wednesday to take an A5 Jiffy bag back to the sorting office rather than just posting it through the letter box?! :@ luckily I managed to get there before it closed last night and these we're waiting for me:

2FC066B6-054D-4A6A-A553-2912EAEF45FC.jpg

Then got home last night to find out I'd missed Fedex with my I-RC delivery, and that it is now 25 miles away at their depot, but it has been rearranged for delivery on Monday now :) that means nearly all the bits I need will be here to start this build!

Mr-m should have my steering arms ready today as well so they'll be here later next week :D

James

Edited by Jim-Bob

Ahhhh mate, I want those!

I ordered them on a whim really as rumour has it GH is wrapping things up so thought I best grab a set before UK stock dries up :(

Would look good on yours though mate, can't believe how quick yours has changed! Lots of very nice bits you've added!

I ordered them on a whim really as rumour has it GH is wrapping things up so thought I best grab a set before UK stock dries up :(

Would look good on yours though mate, can't believe how quick yours has changed! Lots of very nice bits you've added!

this is also my plan as i got 3 of their parts i want, which i will buy the moment i can afford them.

this is also my plan as i got 3 of their parts i want, which i will buy the moment i can afford them.

Nearly brought the bulkhead parts too but I've just shelled out on a HPI one and can't really justify having a standard and hopup version sat here when there's still bits missing from the front end :(

James

there are 4 prts from gh racing i want as they served me very well on the other car.

3 i can get (although the wrong colour) but the 4th seems to be out of stock in every colour in every shop, also happens to be the one part i didn't expect to be hard to find.