• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Rossyra's Bajas

Rossyra

i only have 1 km wheel, the baja its fitted to isn't running yet so i couldn't tell you how they are, however they do seem much less flexible than the hpi ones i have

Thanks . Just got myself a km the one with the white nylon stuff going to dye it all tomoro and was thinking of replacing the wheels with hpi or proline . Might aswel dunk the wheels aswel then .

The KM stars are stiffer than the HPI V1s, I can't remember how they compare to the V2s. The hub carriers flex too though, not just the wheels.

Lol Jordan, I would have thought wheels were the least of your problems after all the bother you've had just getting your KM running properly :P

Edited by Rossyra

Here are the Phatdad arms (and a stock V2/SS arm for reference)

c2hcHTs.jpg

SJzUzRJ.jpg

As far as i know the arms are made from billet machined blocks of Delrin rather than moulded in the traditional way . Besides that, the other thing that sets them apart is the angled shape at the hub, giving plenty of clearance from those pesky flexy wheels and carriers. Mr Phatdad insists you use nutted pins at the hub, so I have put on a set from the excellent I-RC

rdoC3YA.jpg

I should say, the other thing of note about the angled profile is they increase the ride height a bit too much for me, if you have shock limiters this won't be a problem. I got around it by putting about 4mm of fuel line underneath the pistons inside the rear shocks.

Do the phatdad's come as a full set of uppers and lowers Ross or separate?

Was going to go RPM on the back of mine to copy the front, but these are lovely looking and far beefier, perfect basher material!

Cut down the rear of the 5T body, do make it look a bit more truck-like.

ac9ZDBn.jpg

Fibreglass taped and shoe gooed the rim of the new cutaway to strengthen it and ordered some of this to line the inside edge.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320841503363?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

• 1 month later...

The Shorty was out getting some air time at the weekend, sorry about the quality, taken on a mate's phone :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCSUCtpyX6Q

• Like 2