• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

which brushless for a tamiya m03

heady2010

I have been given a tamiya m03 but it's is completely standard, so would like to add a brushless motor a esc, i was thinking maybe the radiant reaktor.

http://goldstarstockists.net/live/catalog/mobile_product_info.php?products_id=55293

Anybody have any thoughts or suggestions?

I know I'll need to change the wheel bearings on the car, is there anything else I might need to do?

Thanks

Brushed motors are rated by turns, the lower the turn, the faster the motor spins.

Brushless motors are slightly different, some rate by turn to give you an idea of where they sit in relation to speed (17.5t is comparable to a 27t silver can but has much more torque) but most are rated by kv, the number of revs per volt.

A 9, 10, 12 or 13t brushless motor is actually a 380 sized motor with a 540 sized finned case, suitable for most lightweight buggies and touring cars, but if your rig is a little heavier then the .5 sized cans are full sized brushless motors and are even stronger still.

Just started building an M-05ra so have been looking at possible bodies.

rc-mini,net has a load of info, have a look here:

http://www.rc-mini.net/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=46:bodies-what-fits&catid=59:bodies-what-fits&Itemid=59

One other thing...where can I get body shells for it, I already have a.mini shell.and don't really want the.fiat.

You could probably get one on Ebay.

If you don't like any of the tamiya ones, most of the hpi cup racer shells fit the M03m chassis (you can convert your swb M03 to this size by flipping the rear arms over)

You can try wheelspin or Radshape, they may have then.

The reason I said the smaller pinion is because your motor will spin somewhere in the region of 3800-4000 revs per volt. The stock silver can is around 2400-2800 so your motor is much faster.

You don 't want to over power an M03, they just turn into an uncontrollable missile

Stop! you don't need those pinion, it wont fit... what you need is 20t pinion, and 13t brushless. otherwise it will just wheelspins city.

get yourself better shocks (oil filled) if it doesn't have it, and replace the bearings.