• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Abisma CR3p range problem.. help please

Fbmbmx

I tried the car with the lights and the fan disconnected but no luck. I bough the car from a very knowledgable forum member so dout there is a problem it's probably just me getting the info wrong. maybe he will see this post and be able to help. I am going to a local club event tomorrow so maybe someone there can take a look. But if not i will just try the new radio set i have coming only with the esc and steering plugged in.

i also had the CR3p with exactly the same problems as you describe, it works perfect upto about 30-40ft then the failsafe kicks in. I ended up sending the radio system to absima in germany and i had an email this morning saying ther sending me the CRT4 instead so il see how that performs

That's interesting. I should get my new system today so will keep this thread updated. If anyone has any more ideas please do share. Also what I though was a small external battery is actually a resistor.

Well a good update, I have just fitted a new radio system and it is now working perfectly! Thanks for the help guys. I'm learning slowly and have just swapped my front a arm over as i split my left hand one yesterday. 

Harry

the clue is in the name, its a subliminal message CR3P........

That is what i began to think but when i rang modelsport i asked if it would be worth while to pay more and get a spectrum DSM2 but he said that the system i already had was actually better! 

Iv received the absima cr4t in the post today as replacement for my faulty cr3p, it's the newer cr4t+ which is able to bind to multiple rx's unlike the first version where every model change required a re-bind to the rx, iv tried it with the cr4t rx and and older flysky gr3 rx and it syncs to either rx just by selecting a different model

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

My cr3p also has bad range,I only used it yesterday for the first time and after about 15 m it went out of range,it is bound to my hobbyking rx that I had for my flysky

Time to invest in decent radio gear me thinks!

Why do I always see these threads after I've spent my money?

Oh well, fingers crossed for mine once I get the car built...

....phew - checked this morning, just rigged up to the front axle, stuck a flap of tape on so I could see if it was moving from a distance. At 50 metres or so, it was still moving and then I couldn't even make out the flag any more... so I guess mine's alright ;) 

Edited by Defblade

• 3 months later...

Franz from asbima says there is only issues in the UK everywhere else is fine now I am really confused lol

Sent from my iPhone using Crapatalk

Franz from asbima says there is only issues in the UK everywhere else is fine now I am really confused lol

Sent from my iPhone using Crapatalk

Hi Bill if he accepts there are issues then is he going to do anything about it?

Yeah he said I will replace if its faulty like for like, modelsport have requested it back so I will just send to them today

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk