• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Oh dear...another branch of the hobby

simonrh

Take one ancient Schumacher SST 98 - completely stock but for a 5800kV motor and Castle SCT ESC robbed from a 1/10 scale truck.

Add one recently tidied warehouse at work with a newly cleaned and slightly dusty floor.

....And you have a lunchbreak spent learning to drift.

Nothing "drift" about the car, tyres are rubber, suspension is just "whatever" for now.

Ended up using EPA on throttle to remove any power as it was just a bit much but managed to get nice graceful figure of 8s going.

Very different skills to belting round a BMX track with an 1/8 scale monster track but really satifying.

Can feel the wallet opening...

If i keep going down this avenue I think I am going to de-pimp the motor because it just seemed too much. I have a 4000kV motor to try too.

I had the EPA set down to 44% on the throttle to make it all nice and controllable.

I know it has been covered about a million times but to get a basic drift setup from where I am:

I need the solid tyres so I can do it anywhere

Appropriate body so I dont look like a 90s thowback.

practice!