• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ's "The King Of Wraith's"

.AJ.

Finished up my "Bombproof" transmission

20140303_154001_zpshrz8ozso.jpg

Not much Axial left in it now lol

The spec is

RRP Slash Gen3 Slipper

Supershafty Beefy top shafy

Supershafty Ultimate motor plate

RRP Steel idler

RRP Steel diff lock gear

HR Super Duty drive gear

GPM Alloy Trans case

RW 12t 32dp pinion

I had to use a motor spacer it get a proper mesh, it's a Tamiya one I found on ebay

It's running stock 5mm output shafts, I could upgrade these to 6mm but they are not really need for the level of power I'm running

Edited by .AJ.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Have a look at this http://www.modelsport.co.uk/savox-sw0231mg-waterproof-high-torque-std-metal-gear-digital-servo/rc-car-products/377022, I used it in my st4 and it was very good for the money.

Just got one these for my twin hammers and it's more than enough for what I use it for. I have the SA-1230sg in my wraith but bloody hell what a racket it makes!

Just read the whole thread in one go, great read AJ and many a tip has been gathered. Not been in the hobby long and got two Wraiths , one each for me and my lad, done some of the upgrades using TopCad and some Asia tees stuff, guess I enjoy the outdoors bit more than tinkering but its a fine balance as I have enjoyed doing the mods. My lads seems to keep busting the HD servo, backed the travel off to 65 % on the radio as didnt check it previously and installed new one, this will be the third !! will see how it goes.

Love your build and thoroughly enjoyed the read.