• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

NOVAROSSI .21 OR FASTRAX ENDURO .21?

nitrocal

Which one to go for?

mainly used for bashing, but potentially used for racing in the summer. 

going into a hyper 7 tq2.

your thoughts?

Novarossi.

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/novarossi-.21-plus-s4-pullstart-engine/rc-car-products/370523

Fastrax.

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/fastrax-enduro-twenty-one-3-port-nitro-engine-ps/rc-car-products/380746

thanks in advance

Depends on what sort of track the novarossi is better but the fastrax is well at home on a track with short straights and plenty of turns its a very close one though if you'd said the p5 then yes but out of those two in a hyper ain't going to see much between them

Depends on what sort of track the novarossi is better but the fastrax is well at home on a track with short straights and plenty of turns its a very close one though if you'd said the p5 then yes but out of those two in a hyper ain't going to see much between them

which one is more reliable and durable out of the two? and i was looking at the p5, but its just out of my price range

ill see if anyone else is going to join in on this debate, but at the moment i think I'm leaning more towards the nova, based on reviews off different sites and your input, thanks a lot 

Couldn't say as the novarossi engines have been around a lot longer that said the fastrax have shown problems with the carbs so I'd say nova but it ain't a turbo like the fastrax

Which one to go for?

mainly used for bashing, but potentially used for racing in the summer. 

going into a hyper 7 tq2.

your thoughts?

Novarossi.

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/novarossi-.21-plus-s4-pullstart-engine/rc-car-products/370523

Fastrax.

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/fastrax-enduro-twenty-one-3-port-nitro-engine-ps/rc-car-products/380746

thanks in advance

There's something not quite right on that page describing the NR engine. 13mm square? That'd leave you with a 1.72cc (.11/12!) engine, not 3.45! (.21). 

The Fastrax engine, being slightly under-square (e.g. more stroke than bore), maxes out at about 36k rpm. The NR may go higher, but gearing (e.g. pinion/spur ratio) will make both of them equally useable for bashing.

I'd probably go for the Fastrax.. 

There's something not quite right on that page describing the NR engine. 13mm square? That'd leave you with a 1.72cc (.11/12!) engine, not 3.45! (.21). 

The crank is 13mm not the stroke, the Fastrax has a 13mm crank also.....the diameter of the shaft that sits in the rear bearing.

I used the Fastrax Enduro (not pull start though) in my Losi 8T during last years winter series at CSOR.

It is a fantastic engine for the price, I beat guys running

The thing is you mention mainly bashing with some racing the fastrax like most turbo engines require the conrod to be replaced every 1-2 gallons used if your up to the job of doing that then get the fastrax the nova linked I've found out is their basic rtr engine good but probably not up to serious abuse that racing will put it through