• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi 1/5th Scale Desert Buggy XL

Nick

The dude in the video said the wheels/tyres and beadlocks fit so that's something pmsl

What's the "xl" all about in the title? It's not bigger then a 5ive is it?

He also said they've got approx 10 hopup parts that's going to be available looool

thinner bones/shafts all round, but UJ's from the diff outputs for the centre drive line, instead of cups. 

Spur also looks thinner in the pics.... Need to get mi hands on one, and poke it with a stick for a while....then destroy it with 10hp + of 10s lunacy :xd:

• Like 2

The dude in the video said the wheels/tyres and beadlocks fit so that's something pmsl

What's the "xl" all about in the title? It's not bigger then a 5ive is it?

He also said they've got approx 10 hopup parts that's going to be available looool

In fairness though hop-ups are choice.

To me, things like a new engine, pipe etc... Aren't really hop-ups as such, whilst yes they're better if you go for something improved, it's something that can be done to anything.

If you have something that's good at of the box, hop-ups aren't necessary and are only for those who like something to be shiney, rather than actually work properly.

maybe so....

A review can only go so far, as can pics on a website....only way to know if summat is actually any good is to buy and bash the hell out of it  :thumbsup:

A lighter platform would be ideal for a CC bl set up....we all know where this is going, don't we..... :xd:

• Like 2

maybe so....

A review can only go so far, as can pics on a website....only way to know if summat is actually any good is to buy and bash the hell out of it  :thumbsup:

A lighter platform would be ideal for a CC bl set up....we all know where this is going, don't we..... :xd:

Would be a very nice addition to your amazing fleet Jon.

This thing is apparently about 8-9lbs lighter than the 5ive they said too.

On the whole, what sot of weight difference is their between a 5th scale motor/ESC/LiPo compared to an engine, fuel tank and throttle servo?

Not actually weighed the two different power systems....the esc and can weigh nowt, it's the packs that are lardy...

8/9lbs is a lot of weight gone....8s may just be enough to shift it decently...

I am hovering over the pre-order button...thankfully fish and chips are here! 

Not actually weighed the two different power systems....the esc and can weigh nowt, it's the packs that are lardy...

8/9lbs is a lot of weight gone....8s may just be enough to shift it decently...

I am hovering over the pre-order button...thankfully fish and chips are here! 

Yeah even judging by the smaller combos and LiPos I've owned, one LiPo easily outweighs a motor and esc.

I was just thinking your overall saving on a BL conversion would be pretty big I imagine.

well....I have a spare xl2, which may/may not be going in the S5 with a 1717......and can pull a system from one of the badgers for testing, same with the MGM and the 2028.....from a cost perspective, the castle set up (imported from the US) is the better option

All comes down to weight tho....pointless adding back the 9lbs Losi have removed....my 8.0 5s nanotechs weigh nigh on 1kg each!

Always liked something fat and heavy in your hand. Ha

You know it buddy...I do have that ridiculous neu can as well  :xd:

Edited by Noj

well....I have a spare xl2, which may/may not be going in the S5 with a 1717......and can pull a system from one of the badgers for testing, same with the MGM and the 2028.....from a cost perspective, the castle set up (imported from the US) is the better option

All comes down to weight tho....pointless adding back the 9lbs Losi have removed....my 8.0 5s nanotechs weigh nigh on 1kg each!

You know it buddy...I do have that ridiculous neu can as well :xd:

Fit the Neu! That ain't no paperweight!

You know it buddy...I do have that ridiculous neu can as well  :xd:

You'll never add that weight back, once the engine, fuel tank and throttle servo is out I bet the total saving is closer to 15lb, so you adding say 7-8 back isn't making it the same as a 5ive, it's still the original weight.

Although I imagine it'd still be a bit less.