• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Transmitter / Receiver

Rocha1305

I'm looking into getting a different Transmitter / Receiver combo - for my newly bought Schumacher LC Racing EMB-1.

I'm looking at getting a Spektrum DX3C transmitter, which comes with a compatible SR300 3-channel receiver.

It seems like a good quality entry level combo (on a budget that is). And being that I want to join a local club for some amateur racing - I want to fit a transponder for the lap times etc...

I'm a little fresh behind the ears with these things tho.....question....

4 slots in the receiver:

1...Bind...I assume this is self explanatory for the transmitter

2...STR...I assume this is for the steering servo connection

3...THR...I assume this is for the Throttle

4...AUX...Would / Could this be used to connect say a Transponder for circuit racing?

Would this be suitable? Or any other Tx / Rx links / suggestions?

1. to bind the rx with the tx - explained in instruction manual

2. yes

3. yes

4. you can add a transponder to it if you wish, can also be used for a servo to change gear or control a locking diff or even use it to power some leds.

yes it would be suitable altohugh there are cheaper options you can look at such as the flysky range and the absima cr3p

you also have the 2nd hand option, such as the hpi 2.4ghz tx and rx i have spare aswell as some of the more well known/better set ups people no longer need because of leaving the hobby or upgrading to a better radio themselves.

• Like 1

Thanks Thunderwolf...good advice

Rikardo...I assumed the bind slot had a dedicated purpose, would be great if it could be used for a transponder as it solves my immediate problem!

the bind port is used for 2 or 3 things.

first and main point is to bind the rx to the tx, this usaly only needs to be done once.

after this it is often used as the battery port in the case of a nitro or petrol r/c as they need power (with electric the esc wire powers the rx and servo and anytihng else connected to the rx.

you can plug the transponder into the bind port if you wish if you need the 3rd channel for something you need to control (like a servo)

• Like 1

Think you can use the bind socket on most receivers for other stuff,i am using mine on my onroad car with a battery cheaker,just happened I had it spare,seems ok,i have the flysky gt3b setup.Think my monster has killswitch in on that one.

Goldman :030:  :fish:

I have just purchased te Absima that Thunderwolf mentioned, It arrived late last week and I am chuffed to bits with it. Great range, clear and easy to use display, and loads of options for further advancement. Like you I am a little new to this, the receiver came already bound with the transmitter so that wasn't an issue. I have just ordered a second receiver today so I will get a go at bndng one myself tomorrow! The only downside is the use of AA batteries (4) rather than a dedicated lipo or equivelant.

All in all, can't fault it, especially at the price point!

Good luck

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/absima-cr3p-afhds-2.4ghz-3-channel-radio-system/rc-car-products/372690

Edited by oparcell
  • Like 1

I have just purchased te Absima that Thunderwolf mentioned, It arrived late last week and I am chuffed to bits with it. Great range, clear and easy to use display, and loads of options for further advancement. Like you I am a little new to this, the recieved came already bound with the transmitter so that wasn't an issue. I have just ordered a second receiver today so I will get a go at bndng one myself tomorrow! The only downside is the use of AA batteries (4) rather than a dedicated lipo or equivelant.

All in all, can't fault it, especially at the price point!

Good luck

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/absima-cr3p-afhds-2.4ghz-3-channel-radio-system/rc-car-products/372690

How about four nimh,should be ok I would think,Binding is very simple on flysky,most of them are very much alike.

How about four nimh,should be ok I would think,Binding is very simple on flysky,most of them are very much alike.

Yep, your right goldman, the four rechargeable batteries do the trick just fine. A pack that you can charge in situ is just a bit more convenient, I am extremely lazy and very bad at planning getting my kit together before a run!!