• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MS-01D VIP PROJECT

covert

I was waiting for this topic. Matt was telling me toady so congrats man! Its going to be a game changer now you have a chassis that a lot of us know inside and out. :)

• 2 weeks later...

ok so starting to swap electrics over etc, but have run into a problem, don't know if its just me !

there doesn't seem to be any adjustability on the motor mount close enough for me to get the pinion any where near the spur gear.

pinion is a 15t , what are other people running.

thanks

DSC04699_zps9014fa4a.jpg

Personally I put the two gears together so the teeth fit all the way into each other, but leave enough slack so I can still remove the pinion without having to loosen the motor. Should work fine as long as the pitch is the same on both gears.

Edited by smokeymcpothead

ok so starting to swap electrics over etc, but have run into a problem, don't know if its just me !

there doesn't seem to be any adjustability on the motor mount close enough for me to get the pinion any where near the spur gear.

pinion is a 15t , what are other people running.

thanks

DSC04699_zps9014fa4a.jpg

I have an 88t spur and a 26t pinion on my ms01d. Did you not get an 88t spur with it?

25/26 is what is worth running. The adjustability is left to right for pinions to mesh it correctly on the MS chassis. With the right pinion you can then get it to fit. I did have one but its on loan to a local matey but Soul is open tomorrow for the comp if you wanted to pop in and grab something quickly. ;-)

so it doesnt look much different , but its had a lot of work, new bearings all round and replaced all the bolts with stainless, its clean as a whistle too now!

still got to put in my esc and reciever, and change the shock oil as i have no idea what grade oil is in there at the moment.

nipping to soul 2morrow after work to pick up some more bits.

DSC04703_zpsa0211b5d.jpg

Edited by covert

Thanks matey, electrics installed and all good, but i need help from fellow mst owners , which way do you turn your front wheels to aftivate the one way front diff, think mine is in the wrong way lol.

If you turn the back wheels forwards then all 4 wheels should turn, turn just a front one forward and just that wheel should turn. Turn the front wheels backwards and again, all 4 should turn.

If you power the car up and lift it up, accelerate then let off the back wheels should stop and the fronts keep spinning.

Hope that makes sense?

There may also be a directional arrow on the diff itself, I can't remember.

Edited by Rc211v