• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

get mugged off for helping out.

RCbutcher

Im very annoyed a random I've seen around my town came to me asking if he could borrow my traxxas starter wand and a battery. So I said yes and ofcourse I cant find him now shows being the nice guy gets you fragged nowdays. Gutted.

Luckily the battery wasnt much cop but usable but I had planned to find another I wont be lending any other stuff out I also gave him my fuel filler bottle full of fuel too so now I have a maybe

gutted for you mate. i dont lend anything out unless its somebody i know well, if anybody comes to me asking for this that or the other and i dont know them, i tell them to bring it to me or tell me where to meet them so everything i take, comes home with me too

Thanks but im not after a freebie just venting lol what gets me the most is ive been mugged off so im that guy now lol I wont lend anything else out tho but offer help if they bring it as said. I was hoping to finally have someone to bash with but now thinking he wanted it for a sale mayb but it could still come back hopefully. Nice guys definitely finish last lol.

this sorta thing happens all the time, im personally very reluctant to lend things out now as its happened to me several times, dont care if i get branded as selfish as a result ironically by the potential thief but hey ho. 

this sorta thing happens all the time, im personally very reluctant to lend things out now as its happened to me several times, dont care if i get branded as selfish as a result ironically by the potential thief but hey ho. 

i'd rather be branded as selfish than a mug that has to fork out for new kit all the time because tea leaves keep "borrowing" things

• Like 3

Neither a borrower nor a lender be. An old adage but still true; saying that, I walked out of the park with a trophy flux in need of serious attention one afternoon...we had swapped numbers however and I showed the lad proof of address....and we still meet up and bash.

Re posting batteries, don't use RM, Hermes is fine, mark as small electrical. And no, Hobbyking don't do nimhs.

Re posting batteries, don't use RM, Hermes is fine, mark as small electrical. And no, Hobbyking don't do nimhs.

they do

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__37322__Turnigy_7_2V_3000mAh_High_Power_Series_Ni_MH_Stick_Pack.html

I got my stuff back plus a broken jato to fix ive already sorted the jato but my things are staying here now lol. Mayb I jumped the gun but did try to call him afew times over the week to get put through to answer phone. Hopefully I did jump to the wrong conclusion ill treat it as that. Hopefully still have a bash buddy.

Thank you to guys who offerd help.

On another note the jato is very tidy looks like new he paid 70 for it. I think the carb was just blocked and needed setting up mechanically and elecs he wants some nice wheels for it but im unsure which size he'll need 2.2 or 2.8

I'm pleased it's all worked out.  I would have jumped the gun to with no phone contact.

I can vouch for you being a Diamond Geezer, cos you helped me out without knowing me.

Thanks, just be careful with people, some aren't out of the trees yet!

Its good to find a bashing budy,bumped into a guy running his 5ive a few months ago now we meet up couple times a week for a run.

Whole lot better than running round on your own.

this sorta thing happens all the time, im personally very reluctant to lend things out now as its happened to me several times, dont care if i get branded as selfish as a result ironically by the potential thief but hey ho.

I lent someone a Esc new motor new wpsc8 tenshock and futaba 2.4 at the club for his car he left then sold it to a member on here from Plymouth