• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

I bent my Baja :(

Delta-9

I'll tell you now....the only unbreakable Baja is one that never gets used.

The stronger you try to build it, the heavier it gets. Heavier cars go slower...so you fit a pokier motor. Your car now has more inertia...so hits things harder. Things break...so you start the cycle all over.

I have watched while this process has gone on....and left mine relatively stock.

Focus on enjoying it, and when something breaks consider carefully what you replace it with. I have left a few 'cheap' links to provide stress break points on mine and just carry spares to fix those in the field.

I get where you are coming from. I certainly bought this baja to have fun with. 

You don't need an irc brace with a kraken chassis, the kick up is very thick..

You can't fit one to the chassis it doesn't all go together, maybe he is referencing a top brace?

Gents, I was referring to the top brace. I think that I have read somewhere though that an under brace can be used with the kraken, but the manufacturer feels it isn't needed. 

The TR top braces are thicker than the IRC ones I think bud,  You've seen my baja with a Kraken X2 & TR top plate.

Bent & broke 3 stock chassis before fitting the Kraken & not had a prob since & I LOVE airtime!

+1 on Nitro's comments, but I don't break mine very often these days & it gets plenty of abuse!

Yeah, I do remember seeing it (just about - it was a while ago!). I'm glad to hear you have put the x2 through its paces and its holding up. 

AD thanks for the pics. Its so thick in comparison it almost looks like its from a different car!

I'm so bad at decisions! I think I have decided on the kraken (me leaning that way initially and more +1's for it than any other) BUT Does anyone know what Abbotts would do about a warranty claim?... or 3 for that matter! They are only bound by SOGA and not krakens warranty + kraken explicitly say 'send it to us, not your retailer'. I am not spending ridiculous amounts to send it to the USA. It costs enough in the first place!