• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Help with clutch shoe & clutch bell recomendations

MugenSeiki

Well im getting back into the hobby & need a new clutch bell & shoes.

I currently have the one from my Ansmann engine on my RB, the shoes are about 3 years old now & im not going to lie are ****.

So im turning to you the forum members to recommend me some good ones, the same with the clutch bell.

Cheers,

Alex.

I use the HN red ally shoes, and find them excellent. The set in my big heavy Savage have been in there for close on 2 years and still have plenty of life left. Cheap Ansmann 'plastic' ones last a couple of weeks!

I would also recommend the Answer RC bells. They are more expensive for a reason. They also use 5x12 bearings rather than the 'normal' 5x10 on the larger ones, which do last longer in service. There are cheaper options which will work fine.....but the Answer ones are good.

I use the HN red ally shoes, and find them excellent. The set in my big heavy Savage have been in there for close on 2 years and still have plenty of life left. Cheap Ansmann 'plastic' ones last a couple of weeks!

I would also recommend the Answer RC bells. They are more expensive for a reason. They also use 5x12 bearings rather than the 'normal' 5x10 on the larger ones, which do last longer in service. There are cheaper options which will work fine.....but the Answer ones are good.

Cheers mate, will order both & see how it goes :)

get a fiorini turbo sliding clutch,shoes last forever and the you get a lot longer on your clutch bearings,i race every week and this is the best wearing,lowest maintenance clutch out there,http://www.futureworldmodels.com/acatalog/info_OT_FR70.html

Where do you race Mark?