• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

EB4 S2 Pro front wheels camber

ams_Sxi

Recently got a Thunder Tiger EB4 S2 Pro from Model Zone. 

I didn't really take much notice at the start but the front wheels have alot of camber and they are pointing inwards so the inner bit of the tyres are wearing out. 

I took it to a model shop who adjusted the camber for me but after that the drive shafts kept popping out so had to adjust it back to how it was. 

Now I don't think they are the wrong drive shafts in the front, just wanted to know what size should they be and also if its a common problem and if there is an easy fix? 

I got an EB4 from modelzone in Derby about 5 months ago that had exactly this problem...

I dont think it was that the drive shafts that are too short... the lower wishbones are too long by about 2-3mm... the build was poor and they fitted the wrong ones (I think)

I took it back and insisted they give me the other one they had on the shelf... though i had to argue quite lot... as their policy is to send it back to the supplier for diagnosis. though it is hard to see what the issue was without having a better built one to compare too.

Hopefully they never just sold it on to someone else rather than getting it sorted... but maybe they did...

I still have the eb4 but i got a losi 8ight 2.0 RTR from modelsport and its handles so much better...

Your options are:

- to take it back and explain the problem... this is easier if they have one that is built correctly, its not for fit purpose

- if this isnt an option you could buy new correct wishbones... but ideally you need to confirm that this is problem, i never got to the bottom of it... get the part number from the manual.

- you could take them off and file off a couple of mm on the end where the ball joint screws in... not an ideal solution...

Edited by tezhall999

I got an EB4 from modelzone in Derby about 5 months ago that had exactly this problem...

I dont think it was that the drive shafts that are too short... the lower wishbones are too long by about 2-3mm... the build was poor and they fitted the wrong ones (I think)

I took it back and insisted they give me the other one they had on the shelf... though i had to argue quite lot... as their policy is to send it back to the supplier for diagnosis. though it is hard to see what the issue was without having a better built one to compare too.

Hopefully they never just sold it on to someone else rather than getting it sorted... but maybe they did...

I still have the eb4 but i got a losi 8ight 2.0 RTR from modelsport and its handles so much better...

Your options are:

- to take it back and explain the problem... this is easier if they have one that is built correctly, its not for fit purpose

- if this isnt an option you could buy new correct wishbones... but ideally you need to confirm that this is problem, i never got to the bottom of it... get the part number from the manual.

- you could take them off and file off a couple of mm on the end where the ball joint screws in... not an ideal solution...

Thanks for your help, the modezone stores are closed down now so can't take it back. Might try file the lower wishbones, don't want to be buying new tyres/wheels all the time...

if you look at them its fairly easy to see what you have to do...

the lower ball joint screws onto the end of the wishbone, i am not sure how deep the hole is so it may be an issue screwing them back in... might have to drill it out deeper. maybe take a bit off the ball joint too.

Once you have it back together check the full travel of the suspension and turn the wheels to make sure they cant come out again.

The EB4 isnt a bad car for messing around on the road... on the track the suspension is not up to it also the ball joints tend to pop out as well. needs some softer springs. Also its a good ideal to thread lock the screws around the suspenion ball joints when you put it back together, i lost a few until i did that.

I have one and my friend got his two days before me from model zone. When we took them out I noticed his was like you say it was really cambered but I noticed that on the bottom of the hub there are two holes and his was on the first one this pushed the hub out at the bottom and the drive shaft is very close to the end of the coupling. If you put it into the second hole it brings the wheel back in line.both cars run great now.