• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ's Durango DESC210R

.AJ.

I've got a LRP X20 7.5t in it at the mo and its a bit nuts, but that's because I haven't turned the turbo off on the esc, but I've got a Speed Passion Comp V3 8.5R I'm picking up tomorrow, I just need to decide what esc and servo to go for. I'm liking the 1258 in it so ill probably get another one of them

the Xb4 struggles in the wet compared to the 22's, Dex210, RB5s etc

I thought the XB4's were very competitive once they were modded into 2wd ...... or has the next gen of the 22 upped the game again?

In the dry they are awesome, but not so in the wet and as winter is on its way it's time to get a better handling wet car

TBH I'll probably keep the XB4 and get a secondhand 22 or DEX210 ;)

Edited by .AJ.

"bling bling" looking good. I've never heard of those J Concepts rod ends, you'll have to let us know how you get on with them.

I did hear about the stock rod ends falling off quite easy but I never had any issues with them, I was advised when adjusting the links, put an allen key in the ball studs as this prevents the rod ends popping off when adjusting them which was the main reason people have had problems with them.

Raced her last night at SHRCCC, there was a mixed field of 4 SCT's and 2 ST's, the racing was rough at times and after the qualifiers there was only 2 trucks left running, mine and a 22SC, so the final was a bit pointless so we just had a bit of full contact banger racing, I came away with just a mashed shell and ended 2nd, or should that be last :lol:

• Like 1

It comes with 87t, but any Durango 210 spur will fit, MB Models have them, something like this http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php/spares/team-durango/dex210/rw-racing-81t-durango-spur-gear-8816.html and 20-22t pinion won't be far off

So if I was to go ahead with it, you'd suggest an 83T spur with say a 20T pinion as a starting point and then give it a run and see what the temps are like?

If you don't mind, can I drop you a PM, don't want people complaining about being off topic lol.