• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

CEN Genesis 7.7 thoughts?

HYPER-BOY

Hi bud. I had one. I think they are getting on now, but when I ran mine it made my savages run and hide! have you seen it up close? check its the 7.7 as they do a 5.5 and others. 3 speed if you can get them all to change, and reverse, ABS etc. Miss mine!

HUGE things .... and actually pretty good trucks.

Only issue you will have is zero parts availability in the UK. I had one for a while. The parts can be had from the US though, and were pretty cheap. I picked up a pair of brand new ally cased diffs for under

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys, glad to see some of the GST 7.7's around, they are awesome trucks!! You can still get complete parts coverage for them, just give me a ring and I will get you set right up. Also, have a look at our website as we also have complete electric conversion kits for these!! A very nice kit too, I personally have 2 kits and love them!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

had one myself, ran it for a few years and only broke a few servos and conrod in the engine due to bad run in from previous owner, exchange engine from the us had me sorted in no time. my mate now owns it and im planning to buy it back.

Hey Guys, glad to see some of the GST 7.7's around, they are awesome trucks!! You can still get complete parts coverage for them, just give me a ring and I will get you set right up. Also, have a look at our website as we also have complete electric conversion kits for these!! A very nice kit too, I personally have 2 kits and love them!

START MAKING THEM AGAIN!!!!!!!

They were epic trucks, and if you support them with decent spares backup, they will still sell.

Nitro, we actually do still make them!! We also have the GST-E 4pole brushless version available around the world!!

If you local hobby store does have them in stock, have them give me a call and I will get them set up!!

START MAKING THEM AGAIN!!!!!!!

They were epic trucks, and if you support them with decent spares backup, they will still sell.

Who is your UK importer?

Hobbystore used to stock CEN stuff but I don't see any retailers carrying stuff in the UK anymore.

Same goes for spares. That was the main issue I had with Genesis ownership. I could get parts from the US but nothing in the UK.

If new ones are still available....I'll be on the lookout come Christmas :)

Well then start saving your loot!! CEN is currently shipping directly to the UK from Taiwan. Shipping is very cheap and packages are arriving in approximately a week and track-able thru the royal post website!

In the past, the main distributor in the UK was making it very difficult for the hobby stores and end users to get the spares they ordered. CEN is now dedicated to dealing directly with the hobby store and the end users to insure you can get your kits and spares easily with very little drama. As I mentioned earlier, just give the UK Customer Support line provided in my signature below a ring and we will get your order placed and your product on its way to you, very quickly!

As an alternative you can always place an order on our retail website, which is linked directly to the warehouse so you orders are processed and shipped very quickly! Our retail website address is:

http://cenracing.shptron.com/

So don't hesitate, get those orders in and get your models and spares on the way! X-mas is just around the corner!

I bought a used one of ebay last week,It needed a bit of setting up but thats not the end of the world since learning what does what im over the moon with the truck and selling my uprated hypers,The gst is so much better then my mates savage,i locked the center diff and the wheelies/power is amazing,i also found out that rip max sell cen parts in the uk if needed

• 5 weeks later...

I have the 7.7 version, engine was bad from drawing air from new from the head gasket, a bit of high temp sealant sorted it right out and many hours of fun with it after that, the 4 wheel steering upgrade is good for low speeds but when travelling fast its not to precise, i reverted back to just the front steering

• 4 months later...

The Genesis was the first version of the Cen monster truck with the .46 cu in (7.7 cc) motor, it had quite a few problems. then came the GST 7.7 which fixed the problems, the Cen Nemesis is the same as the GST but with a few beefed up parts mainly in the drive train I think. They now have the GST,e brushless don't know much about  the brushless as I am only interested in nitro. I bought The GST 7.7 about 7 years ago and still have it, found it to be a good durable truck, the motor is a bit of a bitch to tune. Like the fact that it has reverse gear.  Plenty of spares available on EBAY.