• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper 7 Black Brushless Conversion help

Voicon

No voicon, they are terrible, over 3 months ive been waiting for an 808 cam for mounting on my cars, told me they had sent another one but still hasn't turned up.

Thanks for the heads up, I won't order from them but I do hope you item arrives  :thumbsup:

I've ordered a few things from Rc Echo and never had a problem a lot of people on here have bought from them as well.

Thanks.

I think it got lost, I didn't think for one minute they have not sent it, I always check feedback first :)

I considered getting a Castle motor instead although they are more expensive.

• 1 year later...

I know it has been a while but I am finally getting round to doing this project :)

I have the Absima conversion kit but the instructions that come with it are poor at best, does anyone have a link to decent instructions on fitting this kit so I don't go wrong?

Thanks in advance.

I know it has been a while but I am finally getting round to doing this project :)

I have the Absima conversion kit but the instructions that come with it are poor at best, does anyone have a link to decent instructions on fitting this kit so I don't go wrong?

Thanks in advance.

u mean fitting the motor mount?? http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/191236-my-hyper-75-brushless-buildpic-heavy/ this might help u..plenty of pics on there
  • Like 1

• 5 years later...

Hi All

Sorry to bring this back up again but I sold this motor and ESC from this car as I was too unwell to go out and use it, I've done this twice now, I've got another conversion kit but need to get a motor and ESC again. The last ones I bought were "hobbywing Xerun combo, 2200kv sensored (4274), 150a esc and LCD programmer"  should I go down that road again or find something cheaper?

I was reading a conversion post from a few years ago and it was mentioned to get a fake Castle 2200kv off ebay, are these still OK?

I am determined to get this done and used this time. :)

Thanks

1 hour ago, Voicon said:

I am looking at the "Hobbywing Max 8 combo", it looks right to me and can handle 6s.

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/hobbywing-ezrun-max8-with-2200kv-motor-combo-no-connector/rc-car-products/397267

Would this be a good fit?

Yes i use this in my hyper 7 and its a rocket, possibly to much power on 6s, watch it scream!

Edit: Just to add this is waterproof, the sensored one you mentioned before whilst being awesome is not water proof, if your bashing / all weathering go the ezrun :)

Edited by Redback
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Redback said:

Yes i use this in my hyper 7 and its a rocket, possibly to much power on 6s, watch it scream!

Thanks, I've always been an advocate of more power, sometimes it doesn't work but its fun trying :)