• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Where da heck am I going wrong?

xHaldenby81x

So putting my new engine together for the break in iv sealed everything apart from around the carb where I could not get off! Iv put the flywheel on then the clutch all to the book, warmed the engine up primed the engine on the starter box, then boom the flywheel comes loos and I have to take it all to bits to put it back on, then it happens again and again :-/ so I think the starter box might be going the wrong way I have a SMD one, changed that round n still happens :-/ now the engines stuck at tdc or bdc and won't budge! What am/have I done wrong?

I had this with my new fastrax enduro last week. The only think I could do is strip it down to the flywheel and threadlock the securing nut as tight as I could. Even when you think it's tight enough you have to try harder! My engine was so tight that the flywheel was just spinning.

Since I threadlocked it I've had no issues :good:

That's just it, I think I might of over tightened it, it's just going round n round n round then go the other way and it untightens :-/ ... I have the flywheel tool n the clutch spring tool! And now the engines stuck in either tdc or bdc and won't budge :( hopefully I can get it sorted Thursday at the track, although then il have to break it in there too when I wanted to be setting up ready for race day Sunday :(

Thanks guys

It's a alpha club racer

Edited by xHaldenby81x

That's just it, I think I might of over tightened it, it's just going round n round n round then go the other way and it untightens :-/ ... I have the flywheel tool n the clutch spring tool! And now the engines stuck in either tdc or bdc and won't budge :( hopefully I can get it sorted Thursday at the track, although then il have to break it in there too when I wanted to be setting up ready for race day Sunday :(

Thanks guys

It's a alpha club racer

you need a tall, muscly, good looking relative to take a look...

i'll be back Thursday morning hopefully :thumbsup: