• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Free house mix if anyone wants it?

willb

Also fella how you finding Traxtor ?

I am mainly using VDJ but want to move up and can't decide between Traxtor or Serato ?

I am currently mixing classic club flava's and UK G

Am using this cheapie as only starting out http://www.hercules.com/uk/DJ-Music/bdd/p/110/dj-control-mp3-e2/

Really need something with inbuilt sound card as my Mac doesnt like the external card much so have to use Windows laptop :angrymad::yucky::shockingscary::gun2::deadtongue::censored:

Cheers!

Liking Traktor a lot, I was using Virtual DJ and it took me ages to decide which one I prefer. I also have djay which you can download from the App Store on your Mac, that's pretty decent too. Serato is good but expensive if you want to get all of the vinyls and hardware with it. Me personally, I'm moving towards the MIDI side of DJ'ing using the Kontrol 4 when money allows.

I'm not on any station either! Haven't done that for a long time.

• Like 1

Cheers buddy

you really are good. I am only a PC dj wish I had the skills for vinyl but as I have 47gb of House and Garage it would a shame not to use it.

I am half tempted to acquire :whistling:  a copy of Traxtor from a site which hasn't recently been blocked and contains pirates give it a go and if I get on with it buy retail. I know it's snidey but shelling out that kind of money on a piece of software I may not get on with is too risky for me.

What station were you on ?

It's still good to hear slipmatt on Obsession all these years later

Cheers, appreciate the feedback :)

You can get a 30 day trial of Traktor direct from Native Instruments, that's what I did to begin with.

I used to have a weekly show on a station called Voodoo Freqs but I don't think it's still going anymore sadly. Used to be a drum & bass and dubstep show mixed live off my old decks! Ah the memories!

Most people that use vinyl now use Serato or Traktor with digitally time encoded vinyls (you only need 2) and use their digital music library. That is how I was going to go but to be honest, decks take up so much space plus a mixer when the MIDI controller just plugs in and does everything and more!

Got any mixes online?

Need a bit of time to get used to it. Am using mix lab v3.1 skin and liked it mainly for the mix/cue function on the headphones just one simple click of the mouse and you can monitor the mix in the phones great if you are not very good like me

• 3 months later...

Anybody still using Vinyl is still living in the dinosaur era. Don't get me wrong - the analog sound is fantastic, but its like using a mangle instead of a tumble dryer to get your washing dry... 

I personally use the Pioneer DDJ-SX and its fantastic and allows you to get very technical whilst in the mix. I still manually beatmatch but have the option to sync when feeling lazy or want to try something new out. 

I'm into my trap, progressive and D&B!

I have loads of vinyl still but haven't used it for a long time. I don't think you can beat the satisfaction of mixing with vinyl but the effort of lugging a huge box or two around is a pain and I don't miss it! My Mac, and an external drive for backup works lovely! Looking for the Traktor S4 setup in the new year :)