• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Brushless 3 s velineon fans

BanditBuggy

I am thinking about upgrading my brushed bandit xl-5 to a velineon 3 s system.I bash realy hard with it, so i am thinking to run dual fans (motor + ESC) on it.Does it have 2 output ports for fans? If not, can i use a BEC from the output to take double the voltage than use a Y harness to connect the two fans? Please reply!

if you bash hard i wouldnt bother with the traxxas stuff it will let you down! not a case of if its when!

i would look for another more reliable system like a hobbywing etc

No need, i kick the snot out of my Merv and its never gone into thermal shut down, pretty good can and esc to be fair.

you must be very lucky mate!

The Velinion system can serve you well, but is more prone to failure if run on 3s. There are cheaper combos out there, and they'll have far more tuning options. Actually, the Velinion has no real tuning options.

Final thought, do you really want 3s in a Bandit? It'll be bonkers!

Escs bought stand alone won't have a battery connector fitted, owners are free to fit what suits them. Only a quick soldering job,although, I find trx tricky myself....

Likewise, some may come with motor bullets presoldered, most don't but connectors are usually included in the ESC box.

If you ordered from, say, Modelsport, you could have them install a connector for you before despatch.

Hth